oxygen bubbles in nails...????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I found this .......

Acrylic nails look lovely! ...But they do damage your nails,all the chemicals and oxygen,dirt and anything gets underneath,you cant help it but oxygen bubbles get trapped in between the nail bed and the acrylic nail. When you remove the acrylic nails there tends to be an uneven surface of the real nail. I'm not going to suggest not to get them done as i have done and probably will,when the occasion needs to be but do not leave them on all the time. They are very hard to upkeep as you need to get infills every 2 weeks,roughly. I suggest you wear them for special occassions but not as a permanant fixture of yourself! Every couple of months or whatever,give your nails the same time (at least) break from acrylics. This will also be good for your bank balance too as they can be expensive. I'm a beautician and recommend that you get a professional manicure evry so often. They can make your nails look great.
Have Fun with your nails and experiment with what you like best,some people say gel nails are better for your nails but its up to you and the condition of your nails. Have a look once you've had them a while and if they feel weak/damaged etc then use your own judement as to whether to keep them or not.

Hiya This is something i found on a website........can someone please explain what she means by oxygen bubbles getting trapped...??????????? Surely if applied properly nothing can get inbetween....
The Damage nails bit is just typical of untrained people..... will we ever get rid of this stigma....xxx

Hmmmm thats weird Ange!
'all the chemicals and oxygen....... gets underneath'?????????? what?
and the bit about the uneven surface of the real nail? yeah ok- if you rip em off!

Blimey.............................................................. Some people!!

I have nothing else to say, its such a waste of breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perfectly polis said:
Blimey.............................................................. Some people!!

I have nothing else to say, its such a waste of breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What she said :lol:

Trin
xx

whoever wrote this needs to be pointed in the direction of a trained creative technician. then they'll see the difference between nails done properly and these "so called" ones that have bubbles etc etc.......

Where on earth did you find that???????? - that has to be someone who knows nothing about nails and enhancements, surely as a beautician she should know something about it?! Someone needs to point out the benefits of enhancements me thinks!!!

i did do a reply to it on the site....but i dont explain things very well ... i am sure some of you would have been better at it than me....it was ivillage.co.uk you have to log onto message boards...then beauty talk ... then scroll down to nails...xx

Hi Angie- iv just replied too & agreed with what you said & added a few other points just to shut up that woman.

Let me know what you Geeks think will you, i too am not that great at explaining things.

www.ivillage.co.uk - beautytalk- acylics???damaging to nails???

xxxx
NailStyle said:
i did do a reply to it on the site....but i dont explain things very well ... i am sure some of you would have been better at it than me....it was ivillage.co.uk you have to log onto message boards...then beauty talk ... then scroll down to nails...xx

Talking about oxygen in nails...can anyone help please. I don't have the problem that this person is describing and when a clients extensions are removed, the nail bed is fine, all you can see if the preparation filing. But, at times I and sometimes my wife seem to get tiny air bubbles in our L&P nails.

We use Cesars products, and although I know not many people use this product here yet, I wonder if any of you have had the same sort of thing.

The bubbles themselves are tiny, but when buffing the nail to finish the dust sometimes goes into the now, half bubbles (if you get what I am saying...craters...but obviously not THAT big!!!) The dust can be eliminated quite easily and once a polish is painted on they are barely distinguishable, but as has been said before, we all tend to be perfectionists and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas please.

I know that our educators have said that we are probably over working the product, but as I said, it would be nice to hear other peoples take on the subject.

Any help is more than welcome, and if I don't get any answers on this thread I might start another thread on the subject...sorry.

Thanks in advance, Simon and Ana.

Sounds like another one of these "experts" who really know what they are talking about!! There seems to be a stack of them out there lately.NOT!:rolleyes:
NailStyle said:
I found this .......

Acrylic nails look lovely! ...But they do damage your nails,all the chemicals and oxygen,dirt and anything gets underneath,you cant help it but oxygen bubbles get trapped in between the nail bed and the acrylic nail. When you remove the acrylic nails there tends to be an uneven surface of the real nail. I'm not going to suggest not to get them done as i have done and probably will,when the occasion needs to be but do not leave them on all the time. They are very hard to upkeep as you need to get infills every 2 weeks,roughly. I suggest you wear them for special occassions but not as a permanant fixture of yourself! Every couple of months or whatever,give your nails the same time (at least) break from acrylics. This will also be good for your bank balance too as they can be expensive. I'm a beautician and recommend that you get a professional manicure evry so often. They can make your nails look great.
Have Fun with your nails and experiment with what you like best,some people say gel nails are better for your nails but its up to you and the condition of your nails. Have a look once you've had them a while and if they feel weak/damaged etc then use your own judement as to whether to keep them or not.

Hiya This is something i found on a website........can someone please explain what she means by oxygen bubbles getting trapped...??????????? Surely if applied properly nothing can get inbetween....
The Damage nails bit is just typical of untrained people..... will we ever get rid of this stigma....xxx

Thanks Becki...xxxx

The bubbles themselves are tiny, but when buffing the nail to finish the dust sometimes goes into the now, half bubbles (if you get what I am saying...craters...but obviously not THAT big!!!) The dust can be eliminated quite easily and once a polish is painted on they are barely distinguishable, but as has been said before, we all tend to be perfectionists and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas please.
Hi there,
make sure the brush is fully immersed in the monomer,
let your bead settle for a couple of seconds
dont over work the bead, slow down, rushing it can cause bubbles
make sure you have the correct ratio
don't drag the brush through the power

just a few pointers
HTH

simonsg said:
Talking about oxygen in nails...can anyone help please. I don't have the problem that this person is describing and when a clients extensions are removed, the nail bed is fine, all you can see if the preparation filing. But, at times I and sometimes my wife seem to get tiny air bubbles in our L&P nails.

We use Cesars products, and although I know not many people use this product here yet, I wonder if any of you have had the same sort of thing.

I know that our educators have said that we are probably over working the product, but as I said, it would be nice to hear other peoples take on the subject.

Any help is more than welcome, and if I don't get any answers on this thread I might start another thread on the subject...sorry.

Thanks in advance, Simon and Ana.
Hi guys,
I've experience these little bubbles too,found out it was because I was working the product to much the sort of patting movement was pushing and creating bubbles on the surface, using the push and drag method has stopped that.I also found you can have bubble in your brush which you can introduce into your ball of product this is elimated by putting your brush right into the liquid and letting all the bubble come to the surface before you start.Hope this has been helpful for you.

Latest posts

Back