P&W sculpted french lipstick l&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Interested in your feedback.. I am starting to feel comfortable with my p&w's.. any advice would be recieved gratefully..
Still not 100% happy with my coverage.. used a custom blend of intense/flawless/melting pot

cheers :green:

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't like the shape, but the structure, apex, smile line, thickness, and c-curve look great. I did notice it looks yellow right below the smile line.

not sure where the yellow is your seeing.. below the smile line is white/glitter mix.. above the smile line is a cb, which is where im having my problems.. my mix may have been a touch melting pot heavy or not as opaque as i would have liked and you can see the nn underneath perhaps? looking at it now in real time on my finger there is no sign of yellow, and unfortunatly my brightness on the screen isnt the best.. as i cant pick it up in the photo.. I actually love the lipstick shape.. but i understand its not for everyone..

thanks for your comment.. anyone else have any advice?

I think the yellowing is actually the shadow where the CB isn't opaque enough.

the yellow looks like the natural nail free edge showing thru..maybe the french line should have come up a little

in my very humble opinion, the apex is too big, it makes the nail looks too curved...

Chels the nails look fab babes the 3rd pic does look like the side wall just needs a quick file to level it. Right now for the lipstick shape when I have seen them before they tend to be at a much steeper angle almost like a knife edge I do like your take on it but it does seem too curved rather than a blunt edge iykwim lol :hug:
Just trying to add a pic of some Marco did years ago hope it works.
378d1107694965t-lipstick-tips-lipstick2.jpg

Last edited:
in my very humble opinion, the apex is too big, it makes the nail looks too curved...
I agree..
thanks to all for the advice.. perhaps i extended it just a bit too much.. also i use a C Curve on the FE.. is that wrong?

lmao its still so hard to know when to use the tools you have been taught to use.. and on what shape.. ifykwim

chels, I do love the lipstick shape, but haven't had a client have it for a while now, lovely smile and spot on with your placement of it, I think you might be using a tad too much product, which is giving the nail a slightly 'fatter' look, but it looks more noticeable one side.
the cm colour, nice blend but your not going to get the coverage with intense in the mix, it will just make the blend transparent rather than adding pigment. The new skin shades are fab get your hands on the when you can, they cut out all the guess work and are very easy to use.
c curve looks even but a gain a tad on the thick side , less product and the nails would look a lot more slender xx

Dear littlegrohl the nail is very neat...i like it and i don't think there is any thing wrong with it!! and i can't see any yellow!! just the shape is not some thing i really prefer..xxx

I think they are lovely! I'll try this shape on my one day.X

yes i definately have to get my hands on the new cnd shades.. With the cb im using now it is opaque in some areas of the bed then quite transparent in others.. especially where i need it to cover ifykwim.. It doesnt look so bad as most of the opaqueness (sp) is in the middle with the sides and above the smile not so much...

does this make sense? next time i am in my supplier i will get the warm and cool shades and leave it at that..
top right picture the more i look at it the more i see something just not right.. and i reckon a few flicks of the file will fix it up..

thanks everyone for taking the time to comment.. i have my big appointment today so im trying to get in nail mode early!
xx

They look pretty good to me, I tried this shape and had a hard time keeping them from looking "hippy" Kinda fun to step out of the box though huh!!!:hug:

I love the look of these chels. Can you just fly over and do mine please :green:

I agree..
thanks to all for the advice.. perhaps i extended it just a bit too much.. also i use a C Curve on the FE.. is that wrong?

lmao its still so hard to know when to use the tools you have been taught to use.. and on what shape.. ifykwim
I don't know what the C curve on the FE means... (me speaks French!!)

do you mean you used a C Curve stick? that's fine! you make great looking C curves! it's not this curve I was mentionning (to me, the c curve is never enough when less that 40%)

but the general shape... when you look at the profil pict, the nails seem to dive if you get what I mean... the new products nowadays offer you to work really thinner still being strong strong strong. you just have to know where to place your apex and you're done ;)

yup yup.. i have swiped the file across the top and thinned out the product a bit.. i still have a tendancy to be heavy handed..
thanks for the input.. much apreciated!

not sure where the yellow is your seeing.. below the smile line is white/glitter mix.. above the smile line is a cb, which is where im having my problems.. my mix may have been a touch melting pot heavy or not as opaque as i would have liked and you can see the nn underneath perhaps? looking at it now in real time on my finger there is no sign of yellow, and unfortunatly my brightness on the screen isnt the best.. as i cant pick it up in the photo.. I actually love the lipstick shape.. but i understand its not for everyone..

thanks for your comment.. anyone else have any advice?
I ment to say above the smile line not below. Sorry About that.

Latest posts

Back