P+W's with custom blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazzie

Reaction score
Hay geeks

I'm still not too hot on searching this site so forgive me if this has been asked before.

Could anyone give me an outline as to how hey do a set of french L+P's with custom blend? Do you do reverse application?

Also how long do you allow for a full set?

If anyone knows of a tutorial please send me the link.

I have tried to search... promise

xxxxxxxxxx Thanks Guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Tazzi,

Apply tips as normal (if tipping) apply your white then when you apply your colour blend powder try to 'butt' it up to your smile line, you dont want your colour blend pink to 'bleed' into your white, but be carefull not to leave any gaps inbetween your pink and white. Sometimes i find if i need to increase the apex or fill in tiny gaps i use a clear powder over the top of the colour blend so im not getting any colour blend on my white, just clear. Does that make sense ?

If your sculpting, exactly the same principal applies but i use the colour blend to lengthen the nailbed first, then do my white, then colourblend pink as above.

Hope this helps.

Hi Tazzi,

Apply tips as normal (if tipping) apply your white then when you apply your colour blend powder try to 'butt' it up to your smile line, you dont want your colour blend pink to 'bleed' into your white, but be carefull not to leave any gaps inbetween your pink and white. Sometimes i find if i need to increase the apex or fill in tiny gaps i use a clear powder over the top of the colour blend so im not getting any colour blend on my white, just clear. Does that make sense ?

If your sculpting, exactly the same principal applies but i use the colour blend to lengthen the nailbed first, then do my white, then colourblend pink as above.

Hope this helps.

Thanks this exactly what i needed xxx

your welcome hunnie x let me know how you get on x

I find that it helps aswell when you put your white a bit higher at the smile line. Even when you get some of the pink on there, you automatically remove it when you finish the nail of with your abrasive leaving a razor sharp french. from cnd i have their new cmb colors and i use them opaque in zone 2 feathering it out and then i use a mix of pink with the chosen cmb color for zone 3 so the lunula still shows trough and you don,t have to much of a marked color difference when the nail grows out.

Hay, Thanks for all the advice guys its invaluable!!! Do you think it would be worth my while buying the creative custom blend kit as my boss doesn't want to spend his money on it and i only do a couple of clients at home. I just think it may be a waste as there are 22 different colours in it and i really doubt i would use them. What else would you suggest doing as at the moment i am using a young nails blend but it is very very pink.

Thanks xxxxxx

I think the custom blending kit is a great way to get all the colours. It's not very expensive, you get a little bit of everything, then you can buy the bigger sizes when/if you need them.

How much is it roughly? I really would like to start doing more nails from home as I can then experiment a bit; we have really tight schedules at work and only have 50 minutes for a full set etc. so I’m a bit scared of doing anything new at work in case it makes me run late for my next appointments. My only day off is Sunday though and I have found that most people prefer spending time with family etc. I have only just moved to Australia so don't even have many friends to practise on ;-(

Thanks for your help hun x

How much is it roughly? I really would like to start doing more nails from home as I can then experiment a bit; we have really tight schedules at work and only have 50 minutes for a full set etc. so I’m a bit scared of doing anything new at work in case it makes me run late for my next appointments. My only day off is Sunday though and I have found that most people prefer spending time with family etc. I have only just moved to Australia so don't even have many friends to practise on ;-(

Thanks for your help hun x

50 mins for a full set :eek:!!!!what sort of slave driver is your boss ? They can't expect you to do a proper job in that time ! Is that for pink & whites ?

50 mins for a full set :eek:!!!!what sort of slave driver is your boss ? They can't expect you to do a proper job in that time ! Is that for pink & whites ?

That is for a set of white tips with acrylic overlay, i haven't really offered the pink and white L+P because i haven't had anyone ask for them however i am really starting to dislike the look. Need to talk to my boss (who is in neither nail hair or beauty) about time frames and charges etc but wanted to see what you guys are doing first.

Tazzie

Latest posts

Back