Paid hairdresser in advance, but she’s never there for skin test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbie12

Reaction score
Hello, just looking for a bit of advice!

I booked an appointment to have my colour & extensions done but to secure the appointment I had to pay upfront; (normally I wouldn’t pay the full amount by bank transfer but because I had met this lady and knew her from doing one of her courses, I felt that I could trust her?)

On Wednesday I went to the salon for my skin test & colour match and no one was in the salon. I then come to find out that the salon had been shut that day for her mums birthday and apparently I should of received an email, which I never did. I had asked a week in advance if it was okay to come that day and I was told it was fine?

I then travelled back down on Saturday after work, I was told the salon would be open 9-6. I told them I was coming down & should make it about 17:30, when I arrived at 5, no one was there again.
I messaged the lady & she literally ignored me but then posted on her story that she was out at a party somewhere. The only contact number I have is the salons which obviously no one answered.

I’m really unsure on what I can do or if there’s anything I can do?
This woman has my money, I live an hour and a half away from the salon so it’s hard for me to keep going down there. I’ve already wasted multiple annual leave days for this appointment. I haven’t text her since she ignored me as it’s her weekend and she probably will not respond. My appointment is on Tuesday, which obviously I can’t go to now?

As a hairdresser myself, I’m just shocked in the way she’s handled this and been towards me.

I’d be happy to pay a deposit in this instance, but I’d NEVER pay in full for any service before it’s been completed.

I think you need to send her a letter asking for your money back for breach of contract as you have paid in advance for the service which includes a mandatory skin test and the arrangements had been agreed by her, but she didn’t fulfil that agreement on two occasions and you cannot now attend the appointment on Tuesday as it’s obviously too late to carry out a skin test.

She sounds extremely unreliable (especially ignoring your texts and the lack of a sincere apology), so in your shoes, I wouldn’t bother giving her another chance and I’d look for someone else.

I’d be happy to pay a deposit in this instance, but I’d NEVER pay in full for any service before it’s been completed.

I think you need to send her a letter asking for your money back for breach of contract as you have paid in advance for the service which includes a mandatory skin test and the arrangements had been agreed by her, but she didn’t fulfil that agreement on two occasions and you cannot now attend the appointment on Tuesday as it’s obviously too late to carry out a skin test.

She sounds extremely unreliable (especially ignoring your texts and the lack of a sincere apology), so in your shoes, I wouldn’t bother giving her another chance and I’d look for someone else.

Yes, I wouldn’t normally pay the full amount upfront but stupidly did this time. Defiantly learnt my lesson!
I’m defiantly going to ask for my money back, she claims that the money is ‘non-refundable’ but considering the circumstances, I don’t think she has a leg to stand on!
thank you so much for your advice

Yes, I wouldn’t normally pay the full amount upfront but stupidly did this time. Defiantly learnt my lesson!
I’m defiantly going to ask for my money back, she claims that the money is ‘non-refundable’ but considering the circumstances, I don’t think she has a leg to stand on!
This woukd have to be stated in her term and conditions which you would have agreed to. As long as you cancel with notice I can't see why you're not entitled to your money back :)

What’s she saying is unlawful. She can’t refuse to refund you as she’s already in breach of contract.

Latest posts

Back