Pain at the lash roots - what do you think lashers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annabel12

Reaction score
Hiya

I was trying to search it but found nothing.
Client reports 'pain at the lash roots' 2 days before infill and wants to cancel.
I infilled her several times before and there was no probs whatsoever BUT last time she wanted them more curly so I switched from B's to C's. She has very thick and strong but straight lashes - could change of lash shape cause discomfort or is she looking for excuse to cancel appointment? I'm lashing for quite a while and never experienced this problem... also I suggested removal but didn't get answer to that (yet). What do you think?

I honestly don't believe change in curl would cause discomfort, only if the base wasn't bonded properly and had detached itself slightly causing irritation. Bases detaching could be more irritating as it comes to infill appoint as the natural lash has grown, which in turn means it's imperative that she comes to you for removal of old or loose extensions.

That she wants to cancel, but not have removal, sends red flags to me. Sometimes you will never know the truth xx

That she wants to cancel, but not have removal, sends red flags to me. Sometimes you will never know the truth xx
Well exactly - if I had a problem with lashes I'd take them off but it's always worth asking to avoid the problem in the future (providing problem exists).
I don't know if extensions came off at the base - I'd have to see them to tell... Also I know that she was curling my lashes before - I told her this would cause damage but you can't stop clients from doing what they want.
Anyone else familiar with this issue?

Curling semi permanent extensions with a lash curler will definitely distort the extension and can snap the natural lash with extension at the root. As you've said, you have advised her not to do this, but if a client of mine was continuing to do this, I would refuse to do her, Purely for the reason that she is damaging her natural lashes and I would want nothing to do with that x

Curling semi permanent extensions with a lash curler will definitely distort the extension and can snap the natural lash with extension at the root. As you've said, you have advised her not to do this, but if a client of mine was continuing to do this, I would refuse to do her, Purely for the reason that she is damaging her natural lashes and I would want nothing to do with that x

So true. I don't need it I think.

Latest posts

Back