Pain from wearing heels...anyone else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
I'm (only!) 21 yrs old and am already spending a considerable amount of time worrying about my feet!!!

At only 5ft.1. i love the extra height that heels give me, not to mention how girly I feel! I am just about to finish uni and am looking at jobs (beauty on the side) and am already stressing about professional footwear. Even where I work now, the boss is a power dresser who has insisted that all the female managers (not me) have 'invested' in high heels to wear to work!!!!

I'm scared i'm getting bunions (lol) and my feet get sooo sore with heels, even a mid heel, esp in my big toe! Anyone else experience this?
(I don't want to wear flats all the time, at the moment i only wear heels when going out and always wear the gel cushions in them..!)

Would love to hear your thoughts on footwear! xx

have you tried wedges? its also depends on if its a good quality shoe,

Yeah could try wedges!

If i'm going to be buying 'work' or smart shoes then i don't think i'll be able to cope with anything too glam, something comfy from M&S or Clarks perhaps.... :confused: x

try a shoe with alot more support and cushioning, i cant stand cheap shoes even cheap flip flops hurt my feet.

it also depends what kind of floor it is, this sounds nuts but if walking on tiles alday that makes a big difference to carpet, get some nice wedges x

have you tried wedges? its also depends on if its a good quality shoe,

Totally what I was going to say. I bought the most gorgeous pair of nudey browny wedges from...Primark! It was only last week but I'm wearing them everywhere as they're so comfy! Not even any complaints after a night on the dance floor!
Rhiannon x

Totally what I was going to say. I bought the most gorgeous pair of nudey browny wedges from...Primark! It was only last week but I'm wearing them everywhere as they're so comfy! Not even any complaints after a night on the dance floor!
Rhiannon x

i thought shoes from there would have been agony,

i got some nice ones in tk maxx they were Dune £85 down to £45, they are so comfy and paddded..x

Wear them everyday and the pain will eventually dull and you won't notice it!
Takes a while tho!

i thought shoes from there would have been agony,

i got some nice ones in tk maxx they were Dune £85 down to £45, they are so comfy and paddded..x

Normally I would agree but these are so comfy! I'm actually planning my outfits around them lol!
Rhiannon x

Wow wedges seem to be the way to go!

Pinknailss- I get like a shooting pain in my feet if i wear heels for a long period of time so not sure if it will go away or not! :confused: if its a night out then the higher the better but I really want to be able to wear them to work!

x

I'm 5 ft. and I think I'm just meant to stay close to the ground. Heels hurt my everything! :lol: I only wear them on special occasions and even then I've got a pair of flats in my bag. A small part of me is pretty jealous of women and drag queens who can dance and prance in 6 inch heels. But yea... the reason there's pain is because in heels our feet is in plantarflexed position (pointy toed), putting all our body weight and pressure on the forefoot. We're also not able to push off the ground with as much force so that puts extra pressure on the hip flexors and knees. Plus the movement of our ankles is limited and our calf muscles and Achilles tendon is shortened. And then there's the misalignment of our spine, and because most heels squish our toes together on top of being in pointy toed position, that's just too much pressure for the forefoot. The cost of looking cute... :lol:

I'm 5 ft. and I think I'm just meant to stay close to the ground. Heels hurt my everything! :lol: I only wear them on special occasions and even then I've got a pair of flats in my bag. A small part of me is pretty jealous of women and drag queens who can dance and prance in 6 inch heels. But yea... the reason there's pain is because in heels our feet is in plantarflexed position (pointy toed), putting all our body weight and pressure on the forefoot. We're also not able to push off the ground with as much force so that puts extra pressure on the hip flexors and knees. Plus the movement of our ankles is limited and our calf muscles and Achilles tendon is shortened. And then there's the misalignment of our spine, and because most heels squish our toes together on top of being in pointy toed position, that's just too much pressure for the forefoot. The cost of looking cute... :lol:

Oh hun you just made me SOOO want to wear another pair of heels :lol:

I have a friend back home that does drag and I hate him so hard! :lol: he always has THE most b*tchin stilettos and he performs like almost every other night with no problems. Lucky ducky :cry:

I got wedges from next a few weeks ago wore them about 4 times I swear they are getting burnt my poor feet:sad: honestly my bones in my foot ached for days and I have now got a frigging big bunion:sad:

And I am 42 and my feet were actually pretty ,, and I live in heels mid for walking etc higher going out but love wedges godsend :D

Oh my god having worn just 3" heels to walk across Manhatten (twice) I can totally feel for you!

Next, do a "sole survivor" range, I got some for work and they are sooo much better x

Anyone who says heels don't hurt are liars or robots!!

Cannot wear heels to save my life. I have tons of them and they just sit in the wardrobe. They are my sitting down Heels :D

They hurt me after 2 minutes, I can't walk in them (I look like Bambi taking first steps it's ridiculous) and I go over on my ankles after one step. But they are so pretty and I hold my posture so much better. So I keep buying more....... :rolleyes:

Haha "siting down heels" love it!

Latest posts

Back