Pain in the arm!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi All!!!

I dont know if any of you have experiened this but sometimes and not all the time after filling i suffer with a pain in my left arm i mean sometimes im sat at a funny angle does anyone else suffer from anything like this and if so how do you combat it?

Any advice gratefully received!

Lou xxx :D

Hi Louise,
Well Hun, I think you got a bad case of...................
Bad posture..............
Holding your tools at the wrong angle ..................
Change the way you sit, and the way you rest your arms, the way you hold your tools.........................
Do you have to arm wrestle with them, are there hands stiff like dead spiders lol
Do you have a comfortable distance between you and your client.
Some of my clients used to sit to far away from me, so I just jokingly said...........Please come closer, or I will have to catch a cab to get to your nails and then I have to charge you milage on top.
It does the trick lol and makes them chuckle , but more important their hands are where I need them.
There was also a message on the beauty tech board
..................If you can see your nails, then I cant.................

I am sure Geeg has a few pointers for you, as I am sure we have covered this topic, but I cant find it at this moment of time.

Love Ruth xxx

Some of my clients used to sit to far away from me, so I just jokingly said...........Please come closer, or I will have to catch a cab to get to your nails and then I have to charge you milage on top.

V. Funny that made me giggle! :D
I must remember that one for when my clients sit too far away and i end up stetched right over my desk!

Jess
;)

Thanx Ruth for the valuble advice. I probably wasnot sat at the correct angle! Its difficult when your at someone elses home and working off the kitchen table, but when i think about it also i did carry all my equipment into town on the bus etc! so that probably did not help! thankyou once agagn i will keep in mind the info at my next set.
Love Lou xxx :D

I couldn't say it any better or in half as an amusing way as our Ruth.

You figured it out yourself when you first said "sometimes I'm sat at a funny angle"!!

One of the reasons I personally would never go mobile is that the set up is hardly ideal. Some technicians sit on the floor, over ironing boards, footstools etc. If you work in people's homes, try and work in the best set up possible for your health's sake or you will suffer.

Geeg

What would you say are the best dimensions for a workstation?

Adele

louise said:
I probably wasnot sat at the correct angle! Its difficult when your at someone elses home and working off the kitchen table
Love Lou xxx :D

Hi Lou

With my mobile appointments, I did think I'd manage on whatever table the client had....BIG mistake! Neck, back and arm grumbles soon followed and so I invested in a mobile manicure table which made a really big difference as it is just the right depth. It is so much easier to work on and quicker because it was a total nightmare trying to work at dodgy angles, particularly on dining room tables! One client even suggested I kneel on the floor across a coffee table at one session :shock: I think not! My career depends on correct posture/positioning so the added burden of loading up the car with a couple more items is worth the effort in the long run to me. Fortunately, it came with a carry bag so I can at least have another shoulder/arm free to carry the rest of my goodies in and its only usually a few steps from car to house.

Invest in one - I really think it is worth the expense...

I struggled over many an odd-ball table before I decided enough was enough but couldnt afford a proper mobile manicure table so I visited the local camping store and got a table the perfect size, folds flat and lightweight. Purfect at only £15.
I also started suffering with the first rumblings of carpal tunnel so I am very careful with posture now and exercises between clients and at the end of the day. I have to say this was not caused with doing nails but working in a factory doing piecework so I live in hope that I will control it and that it wont get any worse

I'm mobile too and I was quite disappointed at how much everybody charges for a basic foldaway manicure table :( I took a similar step to Debbie and I've got a small foldaway picnic table from Woolworths for £10! It's got a carry handle and it's really slim and lightweight and the perfect dimensions and height too. No way could I have found something more suitable for that sort of price! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back