Pain in the backside boss or damn right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowbeaut

Reaction score
Hi this is the first post I’ve done in ages.
Ive worked in a salon for a while and it’s come to January and it’s really quiet. Like most salons. But the owner is now putting on the group chat “we only have x amount of appointments this week. We need to hit xxx to pay wages this week” I’ve got no money can’t afford to even buy a bottle of gel polish!
This happens every so often. Last year she was so skint she took our paid dinner breaks from us and said when thing pick up we would get them back. 12 months later and nothing’s been mentioned. But has managed to gain an extra staff member and an apprentice since May.
We have come up with ideas for marketing but not sure as to what we can do apart from get more people to rebook which is fine but it’s January and everybody is watching the pennies or are they?
Question is am I being sensitive or is she right and do we need to knuckle down and pull it out the bag some how?

Thanks

A bit of both. You know its quiet, so she's not wrong to ask you guys to brainstorm new ideas, at least she's involving you in the situation, its a way of including you in the running of the business. Lets be honest the high street is dying on its feet, keeping a business running is really not easy in this current environment. John Lewis is struggling...that's not a good sign for anyone!

Taking your paid lunchtimes and not fulfilling the promise to reinstate is unpleasant, have you raised it with her?

Latest posts

Back