Painful nails when removing Gellux-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NaomiJayne

Reaction score
Hi....

I have searched on here and on Google and cant find anything on this... So now panicking!

I soaked off my sisters gellux nails the other day, the usual way, acetone, cotton pads wrapped in foil. After 5mins she was complaining that they were hurting and throbbing? I thought she was just being a drama queen, but when I came to remove mine last night I had the same thing. I didn't have them on tight so I don't know why this is happening? I have a client on Wednesday and I really don't want her to have the same problem. I have been using Gellux polish now for about a month!

I am thinking of buying them wearable nail soakers to stop this from happening!

Any help would be appreciated :sad:

How long have you had the acetone for?

Its brand new. Its the Gellux one. What I am noticing is... when I take the foil off the nails look very curved, as if its pinching the skin on top of your finger, if that makes sense?

What's happening is the nail is dehydrating with the acetone which is making the nail curve, pinch and cause pressure.

I had a few clients and my daughter that this used to happen to but now I use cnd nourishing remover it stopped the problem 100%

Using the little finger cup thing will cause the same thing and also they can be very tight so personally I wouldn't advise using them, but that's not to say they don't work.

Oh really? that would make sense, as Im not even putting the foils tight. I will purchase some CND remover, thank you for that, life saver :)

Oh really? that would make sense, as Im not even putting the foils tight. I will purchase some CND remover, thank you for that, life saver :)

Until you get your nourishing remover you can use a dab on cuticle oil to help stop the dehydration.

That's great thank you also. I will do this until I purchase the remover :)

Not a problem, happy to help :)

Can I ask if this helped?
I had a client today saying that her fingers were throbbing while wrapped it foil and acetone...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Never had a complaint from a client but i can say my own nails do that... Very annoying! I used solar oil first and then wrapped and didnt happen last time :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Never had a complaint from a client but i can say my own nails do that... Very annoying! I used solar oil first and then wrapped and didnt happen last time :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Do you just apply solar oil to skin around nail or nail too?

Anyone?

I was taught when removing gellux to put cuticle oil around the nail before putting remover on! Hope that helps x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had the same thing happen to me when removing Brisa Lite.

Latest posts

Back