Pains in thumbs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey92

Reaction score
So I'll be coming up 11years hairdressing next year & 7 years nails (mainly Gel polish manicures and pedicures)

Beginning of the year the pains in my thumbs i started struggling doing nails.
Ive probably noticed middle of 1st lockdown pains in the mornings in my hands started, more so my thumb joints. Anyone else experience this, I'm assuming its work related?
But I'm sat now and can't use my thumbs to type they're killing, so maybe a GP trip but i feel like it z waste of their time atm

So I'll be coming up 11years hairdressing next year & 7 years nails (mainly Gel polish manicures and pedicures)

Ive probably noticed middle of 1st lockdown pains in the mornings in my hands started, more so my thumb joints. Anyone else experience this, I'm assuming its work related?
But I'm sat now and can't use my thumbs to type they're killing, so maybe a GP trip but i feel like it z waste of their time atm

If the pain started mid lockdown it's unlikely to be work as no one was working.

We can't help with any type of pain, you need to see a Doctor, its not wasting their time, no one should be in pain. Make an appointment today and let us know how you get on

I get this on my non dominant thumb from gripping the clients finger too hard.
It stopped when I stopped doing clients.
It was extremely painful.

I got the exact same thing but eventually it affeted both my thumbs. I ended up having surgery to remove the Trapezium bone in both thumbs as the bones were rubbing together. See you GP and get referred to a hand consultant.

I started experiencing the same thing about three years ago. Some days my hands were so sore I didn’t know where to put myself. Finally had an x-ray at the end of last year to find I have moderate arthritis in my thumb joints. Like a previous poster has said, I think the pain is exacerbated by holding clients too hard and putting stress on your joints. Try and make sure you stay relaxed when doing treatments and see your GP if it gets too much.

Latest posts

Back