Paint box colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste

Reaction score
Afternoon all !
Dose anyone use fudge paint box colour im lookin to make mint green can anyone help cant seem to get it minty :(

Iv used the pink it was good you could buy a green and a white/pearl and mix them x

Afternoon all !
Dose anyone use fudge paint box colour im lookin to make mint green can anyone help cant seem to get it minty :(

Yes, love them. I have several clients who won't let me use anything else!

I'd have thought a mint green will be a green with a slight gray/blue tint? If so, I'd probably mix about 3 parts green envy to one part blue hawaii and a couple of drops of a red/orange colour, like hot chilli to take some of the turquoise out of the mix?

Sounds a great colour tho - let us know how you get on!

ETA: Have just seen on http://www.fudge.com/fudge/colour.php that they do a mixing guide in pdf form. Link is here: http://www.fudge.com/fudge/images/load/Paintbox_Custom_Formula_Guide.pdf

Doesn't seem to include green envy, but might give you a good idea of how the colours mix? BTW - green envy is BRIGHT. On hair lifted to a 11/12, it comes out like a highlighter green.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, furiousfrog i did mix a little blue in and its a nice colour but ill try the red tomorrow, greens wont be on as its new, just keep seeing people with lovely mint hair ive wanted it for ages now i do have light hair speed 2 ;) so the colour i made today may wash up nicer
Thanks for your help x

Excellent - make sure you post a pic! First experiment with green envy was on a friend with lifted 11/ash for a fancy dress - here's a pic of it:

green-envy.jpg

Not hugely keen on it myself - just a bit TOO bright! Lasted for ages without fading too.

Fab ! But not minty lol xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342086049.482768.jpg
More like this, if it works :)

I'm a huge fan of paintbox and did a lovely mint on a client a few weeks back, use a mix of green envy 1.5/10 lighter shade of pale 8/10 and blue velvet 0.5/10. - for any pastel shades mix like paints and i always use an 80% dilution with lighter shade of pale.

(Duh , just noticed the date stamp on this- better late than never I suppose)
Marcus.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 188

Latest posts

Back