Paint on White

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been recommended by fellow geeks to use paint on white as i am not too hot on using L&P white, i have searched but cannot seem to find any, does any one know of any that i can buy that doesnt need any type of conversion course for

cheers

jane

you can get it from here...there are 2 types....bright (very very white) and natural (creamy softer white)....i would get both as some don't like the tippex look...:lol:....here is the site....Nails Plus Beauty - home page its the akzentz gel you want....not the options. HTH x The smaller sizes last ages.

Hi Bagpuss thanks for that, can you paint on top of the acrylic or gel and then high gloss shine over to keep it there??

Lots of techs use a uv topgloss over L&P.....so you could use the POW and then the TopGloss gel over the top...just make sure that your L&P is finished of to a dull finish and to the required shape before you start with the gel cos you wont be able to file the nail after the gloss has been applied...remember to cap the free edge and sides with the gloss gel. Both these gels are a 2 min cure time. Then just wipe with your cleanser/scrubfresh to remove the sticky layer.

When it comes to rebalances/infills....just file away the gloss/white and L&P thats needed and replace.

Just to add....when i have done POW and then Top gloss gel i find it can leave a ridge where the smile line is. So i always do a layer of clear over the POW...buff to shape and then Topgloss.....thing is...this seems a lot of extra for you on top of your already L&P....which is why i really would recommend practising your smiles with L&P.

Some techs say that painting it on with POW just as tricky to master as applying with L&P...so you may find that trying it this way doesn't solve your problems.

I am only saying this cos i don't want you having to do far more than is needed. and i personally think that if you are going to use POW..then clear...then gloss you may as well have done the whole thing in gel.

Hope this makes sense. xxx

Yes thanks Angie, really helpful think i will get some tips out and practise see which way is best

jane x

Latest posts

Back