painting on acrylic tips.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
Only me again ladies. It is great on here, i cant stay away. So,so helpful. LOVE IT.!!!
Can someone please put me straight on this one girlies.
Everytime i go to a new client for acrylic nails, they are puzzled at to why i dont paint the white onto the tip. I tell them that this is how i was taught & in the industry, we are always shown to do it this way.
They tell me, the technician in the salon would paint on a `half moon` shape on the tip making it flawless.
Well...this puts me in a funny situation, as it makes me feel that they think i am not professional enough to be doing nails, as it is not the same as the salon finish, so they are comparing my finish to the salons. The client i had the other day said, as mine were not as `perfect` as the salons, they were not as professional looking, so that is why she wanted them removed.
How do they do this & what do they use to achieve this. Has anyone tried this & what were the results. Was it more bother than it is worth.
For the tip, can you use nail art paint or is it watered down white acrylic.
If i also knew this, i could then explain this to the next know it all that i come into contact. I thought i was doing ok, but not when it comes to comparing my white tips with the salons.
Laws.x.:confused:

Only me again ladies. It is great on here, i cant stay away. So,so helpful. LOVE IT.!!!
Everytime i go to a new client for acrylic nails, they are puzzled at to why i dont paint the white onto the tip. I tell them that this is how i was taught & in the industry, we are always shown to do it this way.
They tell me, the technician in the salon would paint on a `half moon` shape on the tip making it flawless.
Well...this puts me in a funny situation, as it makes me feel that they think i am not professional enough to be doing nails, as it is not the same as the salon finish, so they are comparing my finish to the salons. The client i had the other day said, as mine were not as `perfect` as the salons, they were not as professional looking, so that is why she wanted them removed.
How do they do this & what do they use to achieve this. Has anyone tried this & what were the results. Was it more bother than it is worth.
If i also knew this, i could then explain this to the next know it all that i come into contact. I thought i was doing ok, but not when it comes to comparing my white tips with the salons.

Hiya Laws, I've had this too with a client... spent 2 hours on her nails and worked extra hard on making sure the smiles were as perfect as they could be and she said at the end "Why didn't you just put white tips on? It would have saved you a load of time!" Disheartened or what?
Trouble is.. the NSS shops mostly spray the white on the free edge, which is quicker for them but not necessarily better for the client because it chips for starters. They want people in and out quickly, so they are not bothered about how long it lasts. Stick with what you are doing, your smile lines will get better with time (so I keep being told).

Thanks for that. So i am not missing something then? I thought i was. Now i know what to tell them if they ask, just lately though, i feel i am always having to defend myself for the things the salons do. My thinking now is `If you like it, dont bother me again.`
Laws.x.:lol:

Yeah you're doing fine, you can't please everyone. I have just started using the Performance White Tips from CND and I have to say they are a bit of a blessing. What I do is place the tip on the nail and then because they are so thin I use a natural powder to build the free edge. This has been giving me a chance to perfect my placement and if its not perfect it doesn't matter too much because you can't really see it. It has helped loads, and the clients are getting the perfect white smile lines while I practise.

That's really awful I understand that clients pay us and in return they expect results but some clients can just be plain rude for no reason and you are expected to take it because they are paying for your time! I recently had a client who spoke down to me and said she would never have a manicure again because she didn't like the way another salon had painted her french tips. She wiped it off there and then in front of the poor tech who had done them for her! Bit extreme if you ask me would she never have her hair cut again if someone did a bad job?! Anyway that's my rant done...don't let them get you down and keep doing what your doing everything takes time. Plus for every client who prefers the tip spraying on there will be one who prefers your way X

ive had this before, and now i ask them at the start what they would like - a painted french or a permenant french or polished. most of thetime they want permenant french but there are the odd few wanting painted. altho now, most of mine go 4 coloured l+p!

I agree with Lil Linz, there's always some odd ones that wanted things in a different way (everyone has different taste). So to be on the safe side, maybe you can ask them what they prefer. That happened to me when I was just out of college, the client told me to just paint the tip on. I was heart-broken. Only to come to realized now that my smile line wasn't "to the standard". :eek::lol:

Latest posts

Back