Pale full coverage foundation-help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
as the title says really! Can anyone advise of a full coverage foundation for very pale skin? I have tried heaps and I cant find anything that offers the coverage I would like. Even foudatio

I have recently tried and loved Younique Touch Mineral Liquid Foundation, it is a liquid to power and just a few drops gives good covereage (there are you tube clips of people drawing on their face with sharpie pens then just a few drops of the foundation on a powder puff brush hides the lot). I have placed my order and am awaiting it's arival. I know it is not a professional product but I have had so much trouble finding a good foundation that is a match to my very fair skin, finding one that matches that is so quick and simple to apply is just a bonus.

I'm currently using Vichy, I'm pale and it works for me and it's super coverage, if you YouTube it they cover up a mans full body tattoo!! You do need powder though because it does start to get a little shiny. Either that or illamasqua rich liquid foundation. One of the highest coverages on the market I believe xxxx

Thank you for replying even though I hadn't finished writing my comment when it posted!!
I have seen the younique foundation but doubted wheather it would be that good,but might be worth a try after all!
I will Google the Vichy and illamasque aswell. Thank u ladies x

I was worried about the Younique Touch matching and so asked my local rep to give me a sample. I tried it for my Christmas works night out and thought it was great so have ordered a bottle, not a bad price concidering the little amount you need to use for a full face. I am looking forward to it arriving.
Here's a pic of me wearing my sample.

Attachments

• Christmas night out 1.jpg
    Christmas night out 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 114
I was worried about the Younique Touch matching and so asked my local rep to give me a sample. I tried it for my Christmas works night out and thought it was great so have ordered a bottle, not a bad price concidering the little amount you need to use for a full face. I am looking forward to it arriving.
Here's a pic of me wearing my sample.
Cool thanks. I'll need to track down a rep and request a sample x

Have you tried the HD brows foundation. I think it's brilliant.
I mix it with a little dermalogica tinted moisturiser for day as I don't like too much coverage in the day time.
It's the only full coverage foundation I've found that stays out and doesn't give me spots.

I second the younique foundation , it's awesome , I can send you a sample if you want to PM me .

I work as a mua and have tried so many and also super pale, failing that full coverage. Estée Lauder double wear goes pretty pale and good coverage or boot no7 also go pale , for once I'm not the lightest shade in theirs , or illamasqua skin base it goes to pure white .

Nicola from girls aloud brought out a make up range for pale skin tones I don't know what the coverage is like but could be worth a try xx

Seventeen at boots do one it's very pale and really good cover and stays in place someone gave me it as it was too pale for them for my makeup kit and was surprised how good it was the cover is as good as double wear

I can't remember any names here but there are fantastic korean bb creams that turns into your skin color after a few minutes
Then I would contour a bit the cheekbones or add a little blush to make it less pale

Oh and use purple tones (either for blush / countour or as a lipstick )
Blue being the opposite color as yellow/orange it's going to make you look healthy or less pale

Professional product recommendations only please. Thank you.

I always thought that as long as you are not retailing mixing non and professional products is acceptable when it comes to a makeup kit I know a lot of makeup artists use good quality products products that are not classed as professional mixed in with there kits and this doesn't make it any less a professional service. This is what I have come to understand from other threads regarding makeup.

I understand that we should be advising professioal products where possible BUT when it comes to finding a light foundation to match very pale skin there is a right battle and believe any product that matches the persons needs should be considered.

For my pale skin I will try ANYTHING but have spent silly amounts and found very few that are anywhere near a match because they are all too dark. For me it is personal use not part of a make up kit and therefore I offered my advice on what I have found best for my skin but I would use anything that worked as part of a kit instead of sticking to just professional products and not having anything that worked.

Last edited:
Either way, professional products or not, i would advise to look at asian products since they are really into pale skin
You have less chances to get a fondation that is too dark ;)

I tried the Nicola Roberts range liquid and powder and i used them once and threw them away :-( (poor and patchy coverage and the liquid foundation had a awful strange consistency a shame as it was a nice idea) Christian Dior Diorskin forever do a gorgeous foundation I use the palest shade (im very pale with yellow tones and struggle to find anything the right colour but Diorskin forever is my absolute all time favourite) I use it with a smoothing primer, Chanel concealer and Diorskin forever mineral foundation powder on top for matte full coverage that looks natural. If you ask the ladies to make you up in store to find if you really like the products. Always go outside and check how it looks in natural light before you buy. Xxxx

Also the Diorskin lasts for ages and ages it's pricey but worth every penny I love it. Xxx good luck finding "the one"

the palest foundations are going to be the professional ones , Make Up Ateiler do a great full coverage waterproof foundation that is about 3 shades lighter than Mac NC15. It also comes in either a pink , neutral or yellow toned version. there's even a white foundation for mixing if that isn't pale enough

as the title says really! Can anyone advise of a full coverage foundation for very pale skin? I have tried heaps and I cant find anything that offers the coverage I would like. Even foudatio

Illamasqua skin base is amazing coverage and I think they do quite light shades - (I'm Olive toned so I've not tried) BUT they do have a product that you can mix with the foundation to make it lighter - I have tried it and it's AMAZING!!! So you could try both of those or even just but the lightening product to add to a different foundation?!

Estee lauder double wear in Shell x

Latest posts

Back