Pamper evening stall

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautystudent88

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I am at college training in beauty. I have passed all of my manicure section but have not yet completed the course therefore I am unqualified. I have been asked if I can do a mini manicure stall at a pamper evening. Is this allowed as I would look to charge a small amount for products. I am hoping I can do it for work experience.

Sadly you don't actually have to be qualified or insured to carry out these treatments on the public, but it is obviously in yours and your client's best interest if you are just in case something went wrong and they decided to sue you.
Have you got your own student insurance? If so, check with them as they do vary a bit. When my daughter was at college we checked as she wanted to offer eyelash extensions. Because she had already completed that and got a certificate she was ok to charge the public.

I think for students you can offer certain treatments that you have received training for but you aren't allowed to charge full price until you have actually qualified and you need to make your clients aware that you are a student. But do check to make sure you don't have to have a tutor with you when you carry out the manicures.

I hope your insurance provider covers this as I did it for a fundraiser my lecturer was involved with and gained so much experience just at that event.
We were run off our feet and had long queues so it got us used to working with clients very quickly.
Good luck :)

Can you recommend any student insurance companies?

If you use the search function on here it’ll come up with all suggestions in previous posts

Can you recommend any student insurance companies?

We were recommended to use ABT whilst training at our beauty school but we did receive a discount when taking out a policy with them. I must admit I just went with what they told me. X

Latest posts

Back