Pamper event

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missmel

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks,

I haven't posted on here for a little while but am needing a bit of advice about a forthcoming pamper event on Thursday eve. Having recently moved to a different area, I am practically having to start my business from scratch so naturally I thought that taking part in the paper eve would be a great way of drumming up new business.

I have been asked to do mini-facials and eyebrow shapes which I was hoping would be fairly straight forward, however the issue is that when I phoned Dermalogica for some advice on the event in the hope that they would be supportive of my circumstances they weren't very supportive at all.

I have been using Dermalogica products for the past ten years and I remember thinking how supportive they were when I first started out but over the past few years, along with the massive price increases, I really feel that their policies and terms have become so rigid that I will have to look elsewhere for a brand that is able to support a smaller business.

Although I am entitled to hold marketing events/pamper eves etc, apparently these events are only allowed to take place at my existing salon but my salon is far too small to support this kind of event! This to me seems ridiculous as I am doing as I always have done which is promoting the Dermalogica brand but just at a bigger venue which is basically like setting up a mobile skin bar.

I was told that mobile treatments won't be supported either and according to Dermalogica, never have been, so I now have no idea where to go with my business as I am still operating out of my existing salon but cannot afford to open up a second new salon in the new area until I have built up enough business.

I am still intending to do the event as I cannot see the harm in promoting the products with mini-facials but was wondering how to go about doing the mini-facials as this was the advice I was hoping to receive from Dermalogica. I have 15-20 minute time slots so was wondering what I could do in this time other than the double cleanse and whether to skip the massage and mask stages and to include exfoliation and moisturiser at the end.

Apologies for the long-winded post - and rant! I would appreciate any advice, mainly on the last paragraph!

Thank you x

wow i'm really disheartened to read this. what if you were a small chain would they give the same excuses? What a jobsworth! :mad::mad: grrh! Aside from the rudeness and loyalty i would not expect a company to not be supportive especially with 10 years behind them. Rant away! ;)

My take on the 15mins-20mins time slot is to actually allocate 30 mins because you'll want to upsell some products. I would run through very fast the cleanse, exfoliation, apply the mask, talk about the products- whats great for them, remove, moisturizer show them afterwards... just a little retail side by side, to show your knowledge! book them in for the next treatment!

Good luck with your new venture and i hope you find a suitable company to work with! There's loads recommended on here! xoxo

wow i'm really disheartened to read this. what if you were a small chain would they give the same excuses? What a jobsworth! :mad::mad: grrh! Aside from the rudeness and loyalty i would not expect a company to not be supportive especially with 10 years behind them. Rant away! ;)

My take on the 15mins-20mins time slot is to actually allocate 30 mins because you'll want to upsell some products. I would run through very fast the cleanse, exfoliation, apply the mask, talk about the products- whats great for them, remove, moisturizer show them afterwards... just a little retail side by side, to show your knowledge! book them in for the next treatment!

Good luck with your new venture and i hope you find a suitable company to work with! There's loads recommended on here! xoxo

Thanks for your reply Wonderwoman!
I'm definitely going to look into other suppliers as I think the company in question has become a bit 'big for their boots' which is not helping my business move forward. I'll have to make sure I visit the next beauty exhibition to see what's new!

In regard to doing the mini-facials, I think 30 minute sessions are going to be a bit too long as I won't be able to fit in all the other bookings. I was hoping to do them in 20-minutes and retail at the same time. Would you apply a mask or do a massage as I think that applying a mask and leaving it on may take too long. I'm also not sure what to charge so I was going to take a few posters along with price variations on them in case other therapists there are charging less!

Missmel x

I would double cleanse exfoliate and then massage then leave out the mask if you dont want it to take too long.

In the past for little quick treats. I have done a quick cleanse with thermal mask with ampoules. A cleanse with clay based alginate mask, massage. both have taken about 15 mins both were with generic product i had around but it was still a nice treat. Good luck xoxo

Latest posts

Back