Pamper night pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaye101

Reaction score
Hi to you all :) i'm doing a pamper night on sat, the girls (up to 7 of them) want a facial and back massage.
What price do you think i should charge if i do 20 mins per treatment ?? was thinking £25 but i don't know.

i have asked this question before but only had a few replies...thanks to who did !!

Cheers kaye :) x

Hi Kaye

How much would you normally charge per person and are you doing it on your own, 7 is a lot to do in one night?? :eek:

£25 sounds about right, I charge £30 per person, but thats for a 45min treatment. hth x

I usually condense my treatments into mini-treatments of 30 mins... each person gets a choice of any 2 for £25, and I usually ask that there is no more than a total of 4 people present. Otherwise you're there for hours and people get bored! I don't do many pamper parties bet get a lot of business from them when I do!xxx

I charge 15 for 20 mins and 20 for 30 mins, but the treatments always end up running over. x

Goodness according to you others I now feel like i'm mad as I always do about 9 people and work til 1 sometimes 2 am! Good money though!

Oh my God!!!

I'm all for working hard.... but hon that's way too late! I usually do 6.30-10.30, plus half an hour each side for setting up and clearing down. I usually get home at about 11.30, which is late enough!!!

I personally find the more people there are and the later it gets, the guests get a bit bored and distracted! All they remember about the party is that it took aaages! And that way you always leave them wanting more! Keep it short and simple! I do always urge my hostess' to invite more people than they expect to come, as there are always a few that can't make it. But I do make it clear that I can only do 4 people. I usually find that's enough for them to have a good giggle with each other and a few glasses of bubbly but still keep it cosy. :hug:

If you want to do more than that, how about getting an old colleague or friend from college to help to out and chuck her a few quid? You could get a good little business going there! :wink2:

Last edited:
£25 for 30 mins is quite reasonable.

I have starting a pamper party company and charge on average £36 for 45mins which is 3 mini treatments or 2 treatments like man/ped.

But for a party of 7-8 people I would have at least 2 therapist working at the party.

Hope this helps,
Manda xxxx

www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

No hon... I meant I charge £25 an hour! They usually go for a back massage and a mini manicure or pedicure. I wouldn't expect my clients to pay £25 each for those treatments! I usually retail loads of stuff and make tons of bookings, and come away with £100 in my pocket so I still consider it a good nights work! But like I said, I don't do that many. Maybe I should start promoting it more!:idea:

I've just had a look at your website, funkymanda.

Very nice! Bet your salon's lovely too!

I thought my pamper package prices were fairly reasonable and pretty much in keeping with the going rate, so I was a bit worried when I saw that you charge an average of £36 for 45 mins!

What I don't understand though is how come you're charging £24 an hour for your 'feel a million dollars' package, but an average of £48 an hour for your pamper parties? Is that per person? Or the total per hour for both therpaists working? I try to charge my clients a bit less during a pamper party as it actually costs me less to do them all in one place at one time, but I guess it's a bit different for you being based in a salon? I honestly never knew pamper parties made so much money! I usually just do them if someone asks me to! I'm going to be marketing this much more seriously from now on! Where do you advertise? xxx

Hi ive decided to charge £15 for a 30 min treatment, (introductory offer) as i'm just starting to go mobile and have had only a little practice.

There are a def 6 clients....think i will be knackered if they were to choose 2 treatments !!

Iv'e posted a new thread asking what pepole think about giving host a gift like £5 voucher/wine/chocs...what do you think ?

Kaye x

I have already replied in your other thread kaye, but I would urge you to only offer each client ONE treatment each if their is 6 people.

If I have 6 clients, I always take another therapist with me, that way we work 3 hours each.

Pamper parties ALWAYS take longer than you expect, if we get there for 6.30pm to start for 7pm, you always end up waiting for people to arrive and don't get started until 7.30pm. then you have to hang around waiting for them to stop talking and stop for a loo break before they come for their treatment.
I generally don't get away until midnight and thats with doing 6 treatments.

Hi ive decided to charge £15 for a 30 min treatment, (introductory offer) as i'm just starting to go mobile and have had only a little practice.

There are a def 6 clients....think i will be knackered if they were to choose 2 treatments !!

Iv'e posted a new thread asking what pepole think about giving host a gift like £5 voucher/wine/chocs...what do you think ?

Kaye x

20 pounds minimum is more realistic for a 30 minute treatment.

I've just had a look at your website, funkymanda.
Very nice! Bet your salon's lovely too!

What I don't understand though is how come you're charging £24 an hour for your 'feel a million dollars' package, but an average of £48 an hour for your pamper parties? Is that per person? Or the total per hour for both therpaists working?

Hiya Judy
Thanks for taking a look at my website and glad yoou like it.

Please let me try and explain the salon pacages and pamper packages - eg. The 'feel a million dollars' package at the salon is 3 hrs and cost £72, if you added all the individual treatments together it would cost more but i give a 10% on packages. Client gets value for money, you get to promote lots of treatments/products and also there are no 'dead, down time' when you are not earning inbetween treatments, like there would be if they where seperate clients in the 3 hours.

The clients experiences a number of treatments in one but they tend to also come with a friend & i have 2 treatment rooms & a manicure station in reception, therefore £24 per hour becomes £48!!!! so a nice profit.

In the salon I have to work to an average hourly rate of £25 per hour to pay the rent, bills, wages etc.

Pamper parties are different, most people think that you should charge less to go to somones house but infact it is the opposite as you are coming to them at there convienience, not yours....

You have the petrol and car allowence of gettinging there, the time to organise everything and pack the car, set up time when you get there, the wasted time inbetween treatments while they are chatting, putting the nibbles in the oven, opening the bubbly and then packing up and loading the car and then unloading and organising everything in your home salon!!!!
So on average an added one and a half to two hours!!!! yes really and if you are going to charge on average £25 for half and hour then thats £100 loss you have just made!!!
So if you caharge a little extra you will cover your costs.

All my clients are happy paying £42 for one hours worth of treatments, £36 for 45mins, or £28 for 30 mins - in each time slot they can have 1, 2 or 3 treatments. I also do offer a discount for large numbers but then you mustn't forget that I then have to have more therapist.
I pay my girls on average £18 an hour plus travel if needed and they are happy too. So I feel it is working and everyone is happy!

Hope this makes sense and sorry for rambling, i supose the message in sort is - charge what you feel the service is worth, believe in it and look after your clients and they will look after you.
Take care
Amanda
www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

Hi Amanda!

Well, we are in very different boats!

I have just sold my salon, so I know all about the overheads! As a mobile therapist, it is much cheaper for me to do pamper parties as I don't have to travel in between each client, they're all there in one place for me to do! I already work evenings and weekends, so it isn't as much of an inconvenience for me. I also use them to promote my services to clients, so by keeping my prices the same, it encourages them to book further treatments with me. It's only me, so I don't have to pay anyone, what I make on the night, I keep.

I'm more than happy to charge my usual prices. As I've said, I only ever do 4 people, so I guess having less people enables things to run a bit more smoothly, I don't tend to run too badly over time. I'm very happy with the prices I charge. I am seriously going to be promoting this more from now on though!! I'm obvioulsy very competetively priced so I've clearly been missing a trick! Thanks for the tip!! xxxx

Latest posts

Back