Pamper parties!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuntersMumma

Reaction score
Hi guys! :)

Ok so I've been thinking about setting up Princess Parties/Pamper Parties.
I'm a fully qualified hairdresser. Realistically I'd love my own salon to do these in. But I rent a chair at the moment.

Being a hairdresser would I need a beautician in to do the nails/facials/tanning. Etc.

As all the hair stuff you can do is put hair up and curl or straighten. Not alot else really.

I thought about music, food, party bags. Freebies.

Also. I was thinking charging per person. Alot of you have said between £10-12's. and a minimum of 4-6 people with a maximum. Would I just list different treatments that I offer for that party? I'm not to sure how I'd go about this bit as I don't want the hassle of finding out what everybody wants and working out a price etc.

Hopefully I'm not being to confusing haha.

Thanks! X

I'd personally think what you want to offer and do short courses in them rather then going to do a full beauty course because you'll end up being taught a lot of stuff you don't require. Just make sure the courses are accredited and you'll get insurance. And this is if you'd be confident in your work after a few short courses (there is some bad short courses out there so look for feedback etc) in regards to treatments what are you doing adult or children pamper parties or both? Xx

Thanks for the reply :)

I wasn't thinking me do the beauty treatments. Just thinking pal up with somebody who does them. And I do the hair. I'm just wanting a rough idea. Alot of people do the transfer tattoos I've seen on here for kids parties so I take it you don't do a course on that? Haha. Just wanting more ideas really :) whether its worth giving it a shot. All I know is that a hairdresser can so simple updos or curl and straighten at these types of parties. I don't think there's alot else is there?
:) Alice

Hair feathers? I did a party for these the other week :) went quite well at the party all the ages ranged from 7 to 14, all loved it even did the parents! Lol :) the younger ones I attached it to an extension clip instead. The parents signed a consent form etc. I used a mixture of synthetic and real feathers. And people with long her the smaller feathers I attached with colour cord looped through a micro ring or extension clip. And added beads. I bought loads so they could custom there group of feathers :D xxx

Have you thought about using the hair chalks? Loreal have just launched a new range, also some good youtube clips around. great for kids parties too as no harsh chemicals so compliant with all EU regs, no skin testing required and washes out easy. X

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Would u not just do nails as well just paint them and do a bit of nail art ? My daughter is 13 and would love that x

Ooh hair feathers sounds like good fun!
And hair chalks! Amazing! Thanks :D they are so cool I'd even love them! X

Not sure if you subscribe to wowcher but they currently have a deal on hair chalks, I just ordered myself some yesterday! X

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a look once I saw your message. They look good and I'm going to order some! :) thanks x

Here's some of the clipped feathers I made at the feather party I had for the young ones, these I made for me :) had a nautral coloured one and a bright :) xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379769696.716809.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379769717.843659.jpg

I have just started up a Facebook page! Hopefully get the ball rolling! It's not perfect, I am in touch with a friend who has a photography studio just waiting to hear back when I can get some photos done. They will look so much better than the ones I've pulled together haha!

Just be careful when chalking pale blonde hair and use lightly.

I did some on a friend for a party and some of the red was still visibly pink a couple of weeks and two bleach washes later!

Luckily, she's a hairdresser as well so wasn't too bothered but I can imagine you might get a stroppy mum. :eek:

Oh wow they sound like they worked to well haha. I'll make sure these are really light and gentle ones as I know some are more oily aren't they :) x

Latest posts

Back