Pamper Parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just after a bit of advice really. We are getting quite a few bookings in for pamper parties now, but we had a request for a pamper party which is:

a) outside of our immediate area (so we usually charge extra for this)
b) on a Sunday
c) a bank holiday weekend

If it was you, would you charge extra for it being a Sunday and a Bank holiday Weekend? And if so, how much?

I know with services such as plumbers, electricians etc you would probably pay extra for them to come out on a sunday.

What are your views?

Thanks

Just bumping this up as no replies yet.........

Hi guys,

Just after a bit of advice really. We are getting quite a few bookings in for pamper parties now, but we had a request for a pamper party which is:

a) outside of our immediate area (so we usually charge extra for this)
b) on a Sunday
c) a bank holiday weekend

If it was you, would you charge extra for it being a Sunday and a Bank holiday Weekend? And if so, how much?

I know with services such as plumbers, electricians etc you would probably pay extra for them to come out on a sunday.

What are your views?

Thanks

Ok, if it was me, i would make an extra charge for being outside of the normal area. However, as far as being on a sunday and bank holiday is concerned, i suppose it's whether this is outside of your normal operating hours. I know that i always offer treatments on bank holiday weekends as that's when people actually have spare time, so i wouldn't increase the price on that basis. However, if i'm not normally open on a sunday, i may apply a small surcharge as i would be providing an "out of hours" service. Does that make sense??!

I do charge more if it is a bank holiday or a sunday, so would charge say an extra £5 ish for the extra mileage and an extra £5 ish for the fact its a bank holiday.

That's what i have done int he past and people accept that.

Hiya
I would definately charge a bit more for the party being out of your usual travel range, and I think I would make a small charge if you had decided to take the bank holiday off.
Hope that makes sense and helps a bit.
I think that it is important to always make the charges as such things as petrol always cost so much.
If you have to pay anything yourself so that you are able to go and do this ie babysitting fees! then make sure this is added to your charge also
:hug:

hi hun

im just starting out myself, and was thinking about this, i have actually put something on my website and my price lists about it at the bottom mine says 'please note there is a £5 surcharge for sundays' as its outside of my normal hours, so i would deffo charge more and also for travelling if its outside your normal area,

hths xxx

hi hun

im just starting out myself, and was thinking about this, i have actually put something on my website and my price lists about it at the bottom mine says 'please note there is a £5 surcharge for sundays' as its outside of my normal hours, so i would deffo charge more and also for travelling if its outside your normal area,

hths xxx

Totally agree Nicky xx
I think its a great idea that you have actually stated this on your site :)

I don't charge extra for pamper parties I do on a Sunday. I take the work when I can. I suppose you could charge extra but I have a booking on a bank hol Sunday and won't be charging extra, but that's just me. x

Latest posts

Back