Pamper party trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nems2013

Dropdeadgorgeous
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Please help! Last night I went and did a pamper party, I turned up and the police were there. Two out of the five ladies had to give a statement for 3 hours. While that was happening I continued doing the other three ladies treatments, including gelish, cluster lashes and threading. We were finished by 6 and then I sat around for over an hour waiting for the other two ladies to finish giving a statement.

When they had finished I continued with their treatments and didn't finish until 9pm.
This morning I've had some messages saying all or most of the cluster lashes have fallen out for all 4 ladies (5th didn't have them) and that they all want a full refund.
I've offered to re-do them free of charge but they have all refused this offer. I have also asked for a photo off each lady but so far no one will provide this. I am self employed mobile beauty therapist and this is the first complaint I have had. I even have ladies that they last for over a week on who regularly come back for more.

What would you do? Please give me some advice!

I think what you've offered is fair. If they wouldn't like them re-done then it's standard to ask for a picture before you refund. Did they follow your aftercare? I'd probably reply something like 'Sorry to hear that your lashes haven't lasted well and thank you for letting me know. Most of my clients get their lashes to last at least 3 to 7 days if the correct aftercare is followed. Please send me a picture of your lashes in their current state so I can assess what has gone wrong and consider your request for a refund. Thank you'
If the lashes are wonky etc they probably bathed/showered before bed or slept on them. Depending on what glue you used perhaps there wasn't enough time for it to dry fully before bed?
You were there a long time, I'm not sure others would have been willing to wait.
Basically, if it was your glue or application at fault then refund. If not, no refund. X

I would definitely make them send me a picture before refund. I think they are just chancers. And I think Glam's reply is spot on :) keep us updated x

Thanks ladies for getting back to me I really appreciate it!

One lady has a gap in the middle

Another has a gap on one eye

Another has none left at all

Another said a few came out so she took them all off.

Two of these ladies have booked back in for their nails so I was going to offer them either a re-do of lashes or £5 off their nails.

The other two I was going to offer a re-do or £5 off another treatment.

I was going to ring them all myself and apologise but stat3 I've never had this problem before. Hopefully they'll be understanding and not demand a refund!

What do you think? Xx

That seems fair to me, but I would want to get to the bottom of this, can you ask them if they have followed the aftercare advice? Or whether they have been using oil-based eye makeup removers etc because that will sure make them fall out xxx

They've all told me they have and that they fell out when sleeping.
It's so hard as I don't want to upset anyone but I don't want to lose money or clients. Xx

I know where you're coming from :( it's a tough one. Because it's happened to all of them and not just one of them, it could have been the application. But I do get the feeling they are trying it a bit. Why did one of them take them all off?! And you were a saint waiting for them to finish giving their statements...looking back I bet you wished you'd pretended you had another client to go to so couldn't wait! xx

I have done cluster lashes plenty of times and they never complain.
Three of the ladies were fed up of waiting last night so I feel like they're trying to re-coup some money from a bad experience.
It could have been the glue but that seemed fine to me, do they go off after a certain amount of time?
I've tried calling two of the ladies and neither are answering. I'm dreading talking to them all. Really wish I got back in my car straight away yesterday xx

Seems v odd to me, that's why I said I personally think they are trying it. Always go with your gut. I definitely wouldn't offer a full refund, but perhaps to keep them on side, like you mentioned offer them a free set of clusters or £5 off any other treatment they wish to book with you. Yes, the glue would go off, I'd check the bottle though, but it's ususally 6 or 12 months after opening it would go off and you'd be able to tell anyway. You poor thing, it really gets you down situations like this doesn't it, sending you a hug xx

I've offered them £5 off another treatment or a re-do but they're arguing it. These situations make me not want to take on new clients.

Thank you for your help and support! I've been so stuck at what to say but I'll keep to my word so hopefully I'll be able to rectify the problem xx

Definitely! you've provided a service that they're not happy with and you are offering to rectify it. What more can you do! I would be blunt with them next time and say "I am only able to offer you the service again free of charge or £5 off another treatment, it's completely up to you which of those offers you take but will be unable to provide a full refund" and if they still argue it then just ignore them, and if you lose a couple of clients like that then I wouldn't worry too much as they'd more than likey try things like this again - especially if you cave! No worries at all :) keep us updated! xxx

You know what, there were a lot of them and you were left waiting. You were probably exhausted by the time you got to the last two. Don't budge on your offer. It's fair

The fact you even carried out treatments with the police there and then waited for them to finish is going above and beyond. Not that this is relevant but are your treatments expensive? I would actually say you're billing them for the time wasted hanging around!

I think as previously mentioned the fact that you waited.. whilst the police were there most people would have left in the first place but I totally understand what you mean I had a client complain about lashes and ive done loads without ever having an issue. Some people just have un realistic expectations, there not super strong and need to be looked after correctly to last. Stick to your original offer, dont second guess yourself you are awesome and keep doing what you're doing! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

They weren't all talking to the police because of the trouble they caused after the last pamper party were they?

Vic x

Thanks everyone so much for responding it means a lot to me. This whole situation made me really upset today as everyone is normally really happy with the treatments I provide.

They have argued back wanting the full price for the lashes refunded. I've said to them that it was a package deal so they didn't pay full price. They've then gone to work out how much I should pay them back.

After all your help and talking to family it goes to show I'm offering them a decent goodwill gesture to rectify the problem...which they're not interested in. I think that's poof enough! Xx

When they've "worked out" what they THINK you OWE them, don't forget to tell them to add on .......time travelled/petrol used/expertise/product used/treatment time Etc, etc, etc!!!!!

I'd probably refund.....and then NEVER rebook.
I find cluster lashes don't last more than the evening....but that's just me doing them on myself...
I think, as has been said, UNREALISTIC EXPECTATION is becoming this professions Nemesis.

They sound dodgy to me. Tell them what their choices are and leave it at that. If they arent happy with that then bad luck. You are not being unreasonable. Id be saying take it or leave it and wouldn't bother negotiating with them any further. You waited an hour out of your time for them!!! Are you charging them for that hour? Put your foot down, dont give in to them! !!!

Personally I would just give them the money back now (as it hasn't died down). I know it goes against everything you feel and I do think they're being unreasonable but it would get rid of them. They don't sound like particularly nice people and the money isn't worth the stress and upset you're currently feeling. Wipe the slate clean and move on :)

Latest posts

Back