Panic attacks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi glossy girl, aw im so glad the doctors took you seriously and your getting some help :hug:

I suffered my first major attack a week ago on Friday. I must say it was one the scariest things I've ever experienced.

I have always suffered from very very minor ones, so small they probably wouldn't be classed as a panic attack, like i'll wake up in the middle of the night with palpitations, very fast racing heart, very hot and feeling very panicked, never been sure what would have brought them on. Also sometimes when i'm at home they can come on i start to feel panicky and again theres never really a good reason as to why....

But on that Friday I went out drinking with some friends and admitly i drank too much. I drank a lot of redbulls and now i realise that the caffeine and the sugar must have set me off. I did feel very strange that morning, i went very hot and my heart was racing but it went, i forgot all about it, if i remembered i may have thought more about what i was drinking, but hindsight is a wonderful thing lol

Anyway i basically fealty like i couldn't breather, i was hanging my body right out of the window trying as hard as i could to get cold air into my throat and lungs but it felt like it wasn't going in. My friend had to call out the paramedics as i wasn't responding to them, all i remember thinking is i cant control my breathing!whats happening to me!
The paramedics cane, they eventually managed to sort me out, they done an ecg on me, took a tiny blood sample but said i was fine. I have also been to the docs in the past about this a few times but nothing is ever detected.....?

But i strongly agree with you that bottling up your problems is a huge contributor to the problem. I am awful at talking about my problems, like you i never do as i don't want to feel like i'm a moaner or a drama queen but also i find it very hard as a lot of trust has been broken in the past with this type of thing.

I think the attack i had was basically all my problems im having at the min is in my head fuelled by the alcohol- mixture for disaster right?

I would advise to air your problems out but i know myself and if your anything ilk eme you wont lol, but thats why i love this site so much as i have and will again ask the geeks on here about my problems and its actually better for me personally to ask on here than ask people i've known for years. Funny isn't it.

Anyway i'm gabbling on now, but good on you for getting to the doc! And hopefully you will beat them- good luck! :hug:

I had panic attacks when I was pregnant and then when my daughter was a baby (cheating boyf, poorly baby and no money, no where to live, made me very stressed!) and often I'd wake up feeling that I couldn't breath and apparently I made noises like I couldn't breath! One time I just managed to hand the baby 5months over before collapsing down a gap between her cot and my bed! I tried kalms and they did nothing, docs just wanted me to take anti depressants! I refused, got my life back on track and they stopped! I had some health/money problems last year and even with my friends calling me a hypochondriac and other nasty things they didn't return!!! I don't think I've had one for 5 years! I hope things work out for u too x x

I had panic attacks when my mum died 14 years ago and they lasted about 3 years, it got so bad that i didnt dare leave the house, i went to the doctor and they didnt help me, i had a really helpful family though who did most things for me, in the end this wasnt doing me any good, i started doing little bits for myself and took it from there. my problem was that people drastically underestimate the panic attacks, they dont realise that you think and feel like you are going to die. I was embarased at how i was feeling, i could even get an attack just sat in my living room watching tv. I remember i used to think "i just want to be normal again". Wheni started doing little bits at a time, it gradually built up, very slowly to doing it all myself again and one day it just hit me, "I am normal again," then the other week i was in ikea, i suddenly felt trapped like i could get out and get some air and that brought it all back to me, i felt dpressed for about a week after but i will not let it get like before, i will keep pushing myself.
It is hard and you have to keep trying, its a constant battle but you will get there and you will be proud of yourself for getting over it.
I found that when you feel one coming on, step back out of your situation and breath slowly and tell someone how you are feeling, i used to hide it and come up with all kinds of stupid excuses but just saying you can feel an attack coming on makes it loads better. I wish you well. x

Hi! Just found this thread and it's good to know i'm not a total weirdo! I've suffered from panic attacks, fear and anxiety for years and it really dictates a lot of what i can and can't do. Tried hypnotherapy, anti depressants and thought field therapy(think that's what it's called). Nothing has worked yet but gonna keep trying. If i have to do anything which i think might bring on an attack now i have to take diazepam, which is not ideal and not a long term solution!
After reading this i'm gonna give CBT a go, and get onto my G.P again! It's hard for people to understand if they don't have them, my boyfriend gives me a hard time about it but certainly would not choose to suffer from this!

i have had problems with anxiety on and off for most of my life but i have always just avoided the situations that made me feel anxious.

Same here but in my case this means avoiding work, as I have the most insane performance anxiety towards clients.:eek: It's really driving me mad because I love(!!) doing nail enhancements and nail art.:cry:

i also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks....get them quite regulary at the moment so not thinking of going into business yet until i can settle them down again.I know how unsettling it can be espically when it come to having any confidence in our work.I am trying to get over this by training in new things so i have someone there to encourage me in what i love doing.
sazza x

Hello,

I used to suffer them years ago, they started out of the blue - I always remember my first one!! it was horrendous. I got myself in some states and ended up at the doctors who prescribed me beta blockers which really did help - I think I took them a couple of times a day - I eventually started feeling better and the doctor changed me to tablets that I took as and when needed which I never actually did end up needing.

At the time I thought it was going to be like that forever and that they would never stop but they do!! I know exactly how you feel.

Good luck :)

Hello,

I used to suffer them years ago, they started out of the blue - I always remember my first one!! it was horrendous. I got myself in some states and ended up at the doctors who prescribed me beta blockers which really did help - I think I took them a couple of times a day - I eventually started feeling better and the doctor changed me to tablets that I took as and when needed which I never actually did end up needing.

At the time I thought it was going to be like that forever and that they would never stop but they do!! I know exactly how you feel.

Good luck :)
I ended up in A&E at my last really bad one but by the time i got seen it had pasted and sent me to my cardiologist to double check my heart (got a heart condition lol) keep telling my family to put me in a black bag and shoot me then i would be free from all pain/ailments lol
sazza x

Aww - its not a nice feeling at the time is it? Its hard for other people to understand what it actually feels like.

Aren't they freaking awful things?! I had my first PA when I was 11 years old and continued having them until a couple of years ago (in total almost 20 years!). Mine got worse after my mum died when I was 17 and I've suffered from health anxiety ever since then, convinced something horrendous was going to get me too. I've never taken medication (as part if my health anxiety I'm cautious about what I put in my body).

Like a few of the others when I felt/feel a PA coming on I know what it is and I don't let my mind freak out as this is what brought on a full blown attack. Things like "I'm having a heart attack/stroke/I'm going to die" etc would have me running for the nearest exit.

The way I started to think about them was like a bully. I would never let another person stop me from living my life and I won't let these stop me. No way! I'm still a very anxious person and worry a lot but I'm living my life. You can do the same!

PGx

Bach Rescue Remedy Spray, 2 squirts when I feel an attack coming and it really controls it. X

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Bach Rescue Remedy Spray, 2 squirts when I feel an attack coming and it really controls it. X

Did you really find this works for you? I used to have it but never had any results x

The spray, deffo. Not drops. I'm having CBT for a phobia and it's really helping too x

I have suffered panic attacks in the past, When my dad died 3 years ago i suffered serious depression and they hit then i dont really know how it all stopped I think i decided that dad would be really mad at me throwing away my life when he had had his snatched away from him i get down and suffer them occassionally now but not often, but my husband suffers really bad anxiety, panic attacts, depression and more, its hard to deal with and takes over your life, he has alot of health problems so it can be really hard sometimes, i have to just decide that there are 2 ways to go up and down and i dont want to throw away my life, its the hartdest thing i have ever done but be positive they wont last forever and life will get better i hope it starts to get better soon x x

I suffer from Anxiety attacks, worry too much. I have been on the smarties :) once, this allways crops up when doing courses with exams ect:Scared:

Latest posts

Back