Panic stations!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I thought id share something that happening in my salon yesterday. My first client was booked in at 8.30, a young lady from Norway who wanted her nails done in England befroe flying back home as it was far too expensive to have them done there. Lovely young lady, not too chatty, i think she had just dragged herself outa bed - bless!! Anyhow. i was on my own as it was my partners day off, so i went through consultation and then offered her a drink, which she declined. So i set about the treatment. Got as far as the cuticle work, when she pulled her hand away from mine, so i looked up real quick to see if there was a problem, just to see her eyes shut, and her fall sideways off the chair!! OH MY GOD!! I freaked, quite calmy but i did freak, i jumped up so quick that my flip flops flipped off my feet, and i rushed round to help her! She really hit the deck with some force, and i honestly thoguht she was having an epileptic fit as her head was moving very errattically. (i have to add her consultation form didnt say she was epileptic, but thought she maybe didnt want to say). Anyway, she began to come round, and i was calling her name, and holding her head still, just in case. Bless her, it must have been hard trying to talk back to me in a foreign language, what with my nutty northern accent im difficult to understand at the best of times!! She bloody well passed out on me, due to her not eating anything that morning. I have never been so freaked, and would only let her stand up after drinking water and eating some sugary cakes!! She insisted she was ok, and i wanted to send her home, but she was having none of it! So after half an hour of me trying to persuade her to go home, and her telling me she felt better, i carried on with her treatment. I have now enrolled on a first aid course, so i know what to do in an emergency!! What a great way to start the day! Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them??

Michelle.

xxxx

Well done you for not panicking!! You did great!

well done Michelle - sounds like you went into overdrive and do what women do best - cope brilliantly in a difficult situation!!!!

Good for you not panicking! I remember a couple of people having epileptic fits in front of me and I just stood there, gobsmacked! I was only 18 at the time though, I'd like to think I had a little more commons sense these days.

But what a good idea about taking the First Aid course! I'm lucky, I mainly make appointments for clients when my other half is home, and he is Fireman but EMT trained - so he can deal with anything like that if it happens to me! :twisted:

Well done though.

Wow!! I don't know what I would have done! Good Job staying calm! Nothing like that has ever happened to me.
Diya

oh Michelle.......i'd have passed out my self!!!
I remember going to a new clients house one day.......i had 2 sets to do for 2 sisters..........i started and got both hands tipped and had just started applying the acrylic did five fingers and then i started feeling dizzy!!!!! So i asked if i could have a glass of water and stand out side for five minutes.........felt much better after a few minutes so proceeded to finish the nails!!!! I did'nt even get any acrylic on the nails i started going dizzy again and yes i passed out!!!!! I came round after a few minutes and they were wrapping me up in blankets........i slurred to get my phone and call my partner to come and get me.........so along came my partner and my neighbour (to drive my car home) and my kids.......the whole street was out and i felt like such a friek!!!! i managed to slur that i would be back the following day to complete the job!!! So off i went home to bed , had the doctor out to give me a lovely injection of iron!!!
any how i went back the following day and completed the job.....without passing out......i was so embarrassed though but they were really undrstanding and we have a laugh about it now!!!
so i guess it's not just clients that have their moments!!!

My worst moment was with a regular client who didn't drive and always took a taxi to come to me for her leg wax. One day I was half way through her leg wax when I felt sick. I excused myself and promptly went off and vomited! I came back feeling awful ( I had caught a sickness bug) but blow me she expected me to finish off her wax! I had to get a stool to sit on to finish the wax. I was so glad when she went and was sick again later! Sadly every time I saw her after that it reminded me of that awful day, but in due course she moved away and now I just have the memory!

Incidentally I have done a first aid course in the past, but I'm not sure I remember much now. Probably should do a refresher!

Well done you.. you stayed calm and collective and managed the situation which is the best thing to do...

however hun next time you might want to consider calling an ambulance, they never ever ever mind coming to such incidents.....

I've had three incidents (fitting twice and once choking) when I ran a public house and I always called the ambulance first and they always praised me for this...so dont be afraid to dial 999

I have done a first aid course and will be doing my top up soon....as a lot of the rules have changed, so go for it.

Well done u stayed very calm, i have an elderly lady come to me for a manicure n the last time she came she looked awful cos she had forgotten to inject herself with insulin before comin the most i could do was offer weak sugury tea and plate of biccys which she was most gratful for

Latest posts

Back