Paper panties or naked?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Hi!
Just curious to know how many of you carry out Hollywood waxing with the client completely bare and how many of you include paper knickers/thongs?

I always put the pants out for if they want them but I don’t mind either way

Always naked! That's how I was trained and to be honest, they just get in the way!

I let the client choose. I can work around paper pants if required and for me client comfort is paramount not my convenience.

I was trained to do it naked too but there wasn’t a single therapist in the room comfortable about doing it. We did it because we were all going to have to do it and we still all felt uncomfortable. If that’s how we felt I can only imagine it would feel the same for the client and worse. I’ll give them the panties. Just nice to know if others do it that way too. Thank you.

Naked for me too! If clients where disposables you still everything because you have to constantly pull it to one side or the other and it just makes is complicated and longer. Once clients understand the process they seem to be absolutely fine x

I leave them on the couch but say “disposables are there if you feel more comfortable wearing them, or without is totally fine”

Naked! Let's face it - youre going to see it ALL anyway! Pants just get in the way of doing a nice, quick, thorough job,

Naked! Let's face it - youre going to see it ALL anyway! Pants just get in the way of doing a nice, quick, thorough job,
Amen sista

Naked...much easier!

Oh. One more question on this. Do you ask your client to go on all 4’s or lie them on their side with legs one over the other?

Oh. One more question on this. Do you ask your client to go on all 4’s or lie them on their side with legs one over the other?
On their side. All fours makes it easier for us but very undignified for the client.

No knicks and all-fours. All of my new clients get a "Wax Info" sheet when they book, so they know exactly what to expect. And to be fair, if you want all the hair removed from your lady bits & crack, it's not going to be too dignified. ;) But they will get an amazing wax with me.

All fours for the initial zones, then onto their back for the remainder of the treatment!

I despise it when I get told to go on all 4’s, I get the client to lift their leg to their chest then to turn on their side and they hold their bum cheek

I always offered paper pants for years, then one day we ran out That was when I discovered how few clients actually want them.

History lesson...
When Brazilians first became a thing the wax wasn't ideal for the job, and therapists had to be very careful not to get wax where it wasn't wanted. For safety therapists worked with knickers on - pulling pants to the side. It helped with stretching the skin and the client felt more covered - (plus a lot of therapists were weirded out by such an intimate treatment. Many of us couldn't understand this waxing fashion, it was great that "pants on" was protocol and we could truthfully say that we needed pants on for health and safety and improved comfort). Some pants had very little give - or were control pants and not designed to be stretched in different directions - so paper pants were always offered as an alternative. Clients were brusquely told to put pants on if they arrived knickerless in leggings.

When the next generation of waxes allowed us to drip straight up the middle, old fashioned therapists like me had acclimatised to skin treatments, however clients were very attached to their pants and reluctant to shed them. I offered paper pants because I was used to offering pants and many of my clients wore them - so I thought it made them more comfortable.

In recent years I've seen young clients arrive and be quite started to be offered pants and to ask how on earth we are going to do a good job with pants on - some have been offended by the idea that we might not be comfortable with full nudity. So I explained that it's a generational thing - long term waxers are used to knickers and newbies didn't bother, clients get to choose.

When I ran out of pants I realised that I was wasting my money and making life difficult for myself. The last 10 pairs of pants lasted me more than 6 months - in other words, I have one regular client who wears them - no-one else cares!

I still have 480 pairs of pants from my last stock order so if I have a new client who looks anxious I give her pants. I just say that it doesn't make any difference to me, but an anxious client is harder to wax so if she prefers to wear them, feel free.

I always offered paper pants for years, then one day we ran out That was when I discovered how few clients actually want them.

History lesson...
When Brazilians first became a thing the wax wasn't ideal for the job, and therapists had to be very careful not to get wax where it wasn't wanted. For safety therapists worked with knickers on - pulling pants to the side. It helped with stretching the skin and the client felt more covered - (plus a lot of therapists were weirded out by such an intimate treatment. Many of us couldn't understand this waxing fashion, it was great that "pants on" was protocol and we could truthfully say that we needed pants on for health and safety and improved comfort). Some pants had very little give - or were control pants and not designed to be stretched in different directions - so paper pants were always offered as an alternative. Clients were brusquely told to put pants on if they arrived knickerless in leggings.

When the next generation of waxes allowed us to drip straight up the middle, old fashioned therapists like me had acclimatised to skin treatments, however clients were very attached to their pants and reluctant to shed them. I offered paper pants because I was used to offering pants and many of my clients wore them - so I thought it made them more comfortable.

In recent years I've seen young clients arrive and be quite started to be offered pants and to ask how on earth we are going to do a good job with pants on - some have been offended by the idea that we might not be comfortable with full nudity. So I explained that it's a generational thing - long term waxers are used to knickers and newbies didn't bother, clients get to choose.

When I ran out of pants I realised that I was wasting my money and making life difficult for myself. The last 10 pairs of pants lasted me more than 6 months - in other words, I have one regular client who wears them - no-one else cares!

I still have 480 pairs of pants from my last stock order so if I have a new client who looks anxious I give her pants. I just say that it doesn't make any difference to me, but an anxious client is harder to wax so if she prefers to wear them, feel free.

Well. Today I did my first full Hollywood on a first time waxer. I told her it was perhaps better and easier without the paper knickers but if she wanted to wear them then that was fine too but explained I’d need her to pull them out the way to get to certain areas. Anyway, after explaining the treatment in full she said she hadn’t realised that the under carriage and rear end were done too. But she was very much up for it and without pants. Anyway, my client was large. I realised very early on that lying on her side with one leg over the other didn’t allow me to get to where I needed. Her legs separated didn’t create any space between them so it was all fours. Very straight forward, on the side simply wasn’t an option. There was a lot of growth which I trimmed down but I have to say that even with her help, separating the unwaxed labia away from the labia with wax wasn’t easy as even in the frog position the top of her legs touched. Some wax ended up getting stuck over to the other labia from pressing against it. At that moment I felt the knickers could have been handy as they could be pulled to cover the unwaxed labia thus preventing it getting stuck. But I know the paper pants wouldn’t have worked well with the rest of the wax. So here’s what I plan to do in such circumstances in future, I will fold a long piece of couch tissue and ask the client to hold it over the unwaxed Labia maybe holding the tissue down and under her bottom to hold it in place. Also I might offer the client gloves in future so she can really help get close with her fingers to help separate the labia without her feeling like she needs to wash her hands. I have to say that for my first full Hollywood, I was faced with far more than I expected yet the whole wax went brilliant. No issues apart from that labia bit and client very happy. I feel very confident after that now and felt I really learned from it.

Well. Today I did my first full Hollywood on a first time waxer. I told her it was perhaps better and easier without the paper knickers but if she wanted to wear them then that was fine too but explained I’d need her to pull them out the way to get to certain areas. Anyway, after explaining the treatment in full she said she hadn’t realised that the under carriage and rear end were done too. But she was very much up for it and without pants. Anyway, my client was large. I realised very early on that lying on her side with one leg over the other didn’t allow me to get to where I needed. Her legs separated didn’t create any space between them so it was all fours. Very straight forward, on the side simply wasn’t an option. There was a lot of growth which I trimmed down but I have to say that even with her help, separating the unwaxed labia away from the labia with wax wasn’t easy as even in the frog position the top of her legs touched. Some wax ended up getting stuck over to the other labia from pressing against it. At that moment I felt the knickers could have been handy as they could be pulled to cover the unwaxed labia thus preventing it getting stuck. But I know the paper pants wouldn’t have worked well with the rest of the wax. So here’s what I plan to do in such circumstances in future, I will fold a long piece of couch tissue and ask the client to hold it over the unwaxed Labia maybe holding the tissue down and under her bottom to hold it in place. Also I might offer the client gloves in future so she can really help get close with her fingers to help separate the labia without her feeling like she needs to wash her hands. I have to say that for my first full Hollywood, I was faced with far more than I expected yet the whole wax went brilliant. No issues apart from that labia bit and client very happy. I feel very confident after that now and felt I really learned from it.

Plus it goes to show, sometimes you don’t have a choice when deciding what position to put your client in. And sometime paper knickers could be handy and other times not. [emoji3]

Well done. Paper pants don't fit large ladies..you could try using a wax strip rather than couch roll as wax tends to catch on tissue. I leave out a packet of tea tree wet wipes for client clean up afterwards.

Latest posts

Back