paraffin bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorrilee

Reaction score
Hi Just a quick question,what size paraffin bath do I need,2.5lt or 4lt ? Will the 2.5 lt fit the whole foot in?

Hello there

hygiene needs to be considered. It is never acceptable to emerse a client's foot into a paraffin wax bath. Decant some wax into a clean bowl, with the client's foot over a generous sheet of cling wrap apply wax with a properly sanitised brush, a 3 - 5 cm brush will do the job. Apply several layers and ensure that there is a thick ridge at ankle so that removal is easy. Wrap foot in cling wrap and place into heated bootie as usual. Any left over wax in bowl must be discarded in bin, not returned to paraffin wax bath.

A professional approach should impress your client and ensure that you reduce the risk of cross infection at every stage of the treatment.

Paraffin wax on the feet and hands is a fabulous treatment and dead easy to do!:lol:

Hello there

hygiene needs to be considered. It is never acceptable to emerse a client's foot into a paraffin wax bath. Decant some wax into a clean bowl, with the client's foot over a generous sheet of cling wrap apply wax with a properly sanitised brush, a 3 - 5 cm brush will do the job. Apply several layers and ensure that there is a thick ridge at ankle so that removal is easy. Wrap foot in cling wrap and place into heated bootie as usual. Any left over wax in bowl must be discarded in bin, not returned to paraffin wax bath.

A professional approach should impress your client and ensure that you reduce the risk of cross infection at every stage of the treatment.

Paraffin wax on the feet and hands is a fabulous treatment and dead easy to do!:lol:
I am going to have to disagree with you. My clients dip both hands and feet into my paraffin bath, both are always checked for contra-indications and sanitised prior to dipping. The used wax is always thrown away after the treatment.

Check out this past thread http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/7797-parafin-dips-sanitary.html

Latest posts

Back