Paraffin wax advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hcnails48

Reaction score
I want to offer paraffin wax treatments for hands and feet, can someone help me with the following! 1. Is there a minimum amount of wax I should melt? If not how much do I need for a hand and wax treatment?
2. Do I need to use fresh wax each time or can I let the left over set and then re melt again (I am planning on using a brush to put the wax on not the dipping method)
Thanks
H x

I would look into the plastic bag method & see what you think, a lot less mess! Your heater will probably have a level on it indicating how much wax to melt, yes you can re-melt wax

I would look into the plastic bag method & see what you think, a lot less mess! Your heater will probably have a level on it indicating how much wax to melt, yes you can re-melt wax
Thanks so much I will look into it, I do have bags to put on the hands and feet after and warm mitts and booties, roping my poor boyfriend into letting me practice on him this weekend! Wish me luck!
X

Ladle the wax into the plastic bag then get client to slide in their hand or foot, manipulate the wax around to make sure all areas are covered & put on mitts, to remove grab bag & pull, no mess! Wax brushes are also a nightmare to clean!

Ladle the wax into the plastic bag then get client to slide in their hand or foot, manipulate the wax around to make sure all areas are covered & put on mitts, to remove grab bag & pull, no mess! Wax brushes are also a nightmare to clean!
Amazing I will give this a go, sounds like much less hassle

Really interested in offering paraffin wax this winter but think I read on here somewhere thT you have to have done a course in it? Although I can't for the life of me find any courses offering it and on my manicure/pedicure course we covered it in theory but not in practice so would my certificate cover me anyway? Does anybody know or have any advice as I'm pretty sure it would be a brilliant treatment to add x

Oh really, I haven't taken a course but my assessor for my Gel, Manicure, pedicure and Acrylic course said it would be a good treatment to offer so I assumed I could just go ahead and do it? Maybe check with your insurance if it covers you for this?

Really interested in offering paraffin wax this winter but think I read on here somewhere thT you have to have done a course in it? Although I can't for the life of me find any courses offering it and on my manicure/pedicure course we covered it in theory but not in practice so would my certificate cover me anyway? Does anybody know or have any advice as I'm pretty sure it would be a brilliant treatment to add x

If you covered it in theory I would say so. It was covered during my mani/pedi part of my course and we literally demo'ed it once maybe twice x

Latest posts

Back