Paraffin wax advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR14

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am studying my nail technicians qualification, we have been asked to look around at local Salons price lists and also learn how to distinguish between manicures so you know what to offer and pricing etc.
I’m really muddled though as we have been doing paraffin wax and warm oil treatments which are to put nourishment and oil back Into the nail and cuticle but then some salons offer a polish application afterwards? Wouldn’t I then need to degrease the nail plate in order to paint it? Surely that defeats the object of the treatment. some
Salons offer the Wax on its own with no application and others with an applictaion as part of a luxury manicure . Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou

Hi everyone, I too am studying my nail technicians qualification, we have been asked to look around at local Salons price lists and also learn how to distinguish between manicures so you know what to offer and pricing etc.
I’m really muddled though as we have been doing paraffin wax and warm oil treatments which are to put nourishment and oil back Into the nail and cuticle but then some salons offer a polish application afterwards? Wouldn’t I then need to degrease the nail plate in order to paint it? Surely that defeats the object of the treatment. some
Salons offer the Wax on its own with no application and others with an applictaion as part of a luxury manicure . Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou

Yes you do the oil/paraffin treatment prior to polish unless its gel. The oils are for the hand and skin around the nail, not the actual nail plate. A lint free wipe with acetone or 99% alcohol focusing on the nail plate wont negate any of the nourishment you added!

Latest posts

Back