Paraffin Wax and complimenting lotions/oils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiC

Reaction score
I have decided to introduce Paraffin wax treatments into my salon. I plan to do so for hands, feet and face by method of painting application so my clients don't need to leave or move from the bed and to make it more of a pamper option.

Can anyone tell me what oils or creams would be good, if any, for use under the paraffin? I'm a little overwhelmed with options so a recommendation or advice would be greatly appreciated :) x

Almond oil seems to be a popular choice. Although i've been giving myself parraffin wax with hot almond oil underneath twice a week, and applying almond oil to my hands every night, and i still have some dry areas on my hand and round my nails, so maybe there is something stronger/better.

Thanks for your reply! I'll look into that. Do you use paraffin on the face too? If so do you also use the Almond oil? Im looking at a blended essential oil for the face but not sure if it will be too much? Id like to start with something that will cover most skin types until I learn my clients needs/which ones will regularly use before branching out with different choices, if that makes sense :)

Just bumping up :) thanks x

Which creams or oils did you use when you were training? Is there a reason you don't want to use them? Its such a lovely, under rated treatment :)

I agree, it is a lovely yet underrated treatment! In training we were just given a generic moisturiser as it was more based on technique and use etc and it was short! but I'd really like to add more of a beneficial type of oil/cream ie: anti aging, moisturising, purifying and so on as we were told these could be used but I guess I really want to start with something that will cover general skin types until I see a regular client base if that makes sense? Thanks x

Do you just apply a coating of lotion then your paraffin wax on top?

Latest posts

Back