paraffin wax & enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
Is there any reason not to use a paraffin wax dip immediately after or immediatley before applying enhancements?

Hi

im no expert but i would have thought as it takes up to 24 hours for enhancements to fully set that the heat from the wax treatment may effect the process?

If the treatment was carried out prior to enhancment the nail plate may be left wax/oily? not good for adhesion.

I would have thought the wax treatment would be good for enhancements but not immediatly before or after.

I would stick to wax treatments as part of a mani/pedi service but please correct me in ive got it wrong.

cristine :)

Christine you have got it right exactly.

Fine to do while the client is wearing enhancements but not immediately before or after.

Heat always speeds up the cure and can 'shock cure' the product and cause internal shattering. Never wise to do this with anything -- lamps, hair dryers etc. --- problems will occur.

If you did it before ... you would have to be very careful that all residue was removed and that the nail plate was completely dry before proceeding.

Unlike L & P, I thought gel cured under the UV lamp immediately. If this is so (I'm sure someone will tell me if I am labouring under a misaprehension) then can the wax treatment be performed immediately after on gel enhancements.

Thanks to you to for answering that so quickly.

I would also like to know the answer to neetnailz' question about the gel. This is because I do loads of gel toe colours and it would be nice to offer a paraffin wax pedicure with it.

Never do a dip before an enhancement treatment... it could lead to plate swelling and just far too much oil and moisture to remove before product application...

Saying that....

Go for it afterward. I know about the concern for shock curing... but I don’t think that a dip would be hot enough to affect any product after setting. If anything... it can help speed up polymerisation safely as it will block oxygen out of the product.
For UV cured products... there is still no affect. (though one problem with UV gels is that it can be very difficult to fully cure them. Many do not ever fully cure their gels... but that is a different story)

Fibreglass... Gel... L&P should all be fine to dip after application. Remember that they are all "acrylics" that cure faster when oxygen gets blocked.... so in theory... it should be a good thing.

Toodles.

Next on this line of funny questions is:

Sauna's & enhancements - good points, bad points etc. We have one in our house (yes I know that is a bit odd - it was here when we bought the house) and I often wonder if it will effect my nails in any way. Sometimes I do friends nails in the evenings and I wonder whethre to Sauna would cause a problem?

Thanks for the great help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back