Paraffin wax in the bag - how's it done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliss69

Reaction score
Can anyone run through this technique for me?
I've been brushing the wax on but it's messy and wax is still a little too hot so I'd like to try ladling the wax into the protector bags then squishing the cooled soft wax around the clients foot in the bag but I'm not sure how it's really done.
My first attempt was a disaster and the wax just ended up in a lump so second attempt I lined a container with the bag, ladled in the wax and swished it around to coat the inside of the bag. Then removed from container, put my foot in the bag and squished the wax around my toes. My container wasn't tall enough to coat higher up the bag so only half my foot got done.
Is this how you do it?

Sorry im not much help to your question but have you tried the spray on parraffin wax? My clients love it and theres not nearly as much wax as there is using a paraffin bath/pot

I didn't even know it was available in a spray? Thanks I'll look into it x

Following this. I have a problem with the brush method too

When I worked in the salon, we'd ladel out the paraffin wax into a plastic cup (like you'd use at a water dispenser machine) lined with tinned foil to keep it warm and not to set too fast. This was much easier to apply and you could just throw the cup away - we'd still use the brush though :) hope that helps...

Thanks Carly x
I'm using the Wax Master bath and their wax but there doesn't seem to be a point where the wax is fluid enough to brush on and cool enough at the same time. The bath clearly states you can't use the dipping method (had I have known I wouldn't have purchased)
The bag method sounds like a perfect solution and it did feel fabulous to squish it between my toes lol
I know some of the tech here use this method but no one has ever posted any how to details.
Here's hoping someone will enlighten me soon x

Can anyone run through this technique for me?
I've been brushing the wax on but it's messy and wax is still a little too hot so I'd like to try ladling the wax into the protector bags then squishing the cooled soft wax around the clients foot in the bag but I'm not sure how it's really done.
My first attempt was a disaster and the wax just ended up in a lump so second attempt I lined a container with the bag, ladled in the wax and swished it around to coat the inside of the bag. Then removed from container, put my foot in the bag and squished the wax around my toes. My container wasn't tall enough to coat higher up the bag so only half my foot got done.
Is this how you do it?

I ladle wax into my bag. Doesn't take more than an eighth of a cup. I don't swish the wax around the bag. The bag goes directly on to the hand or foot and then gets squished in well. Then I wrap in warm towels. Hth.

From HOF you can get strips that you can dip in the bath then wrap around the area, then when it's time to remove you just tear it off! Not that expensive either if I remember rightly xx

I ladle wax into my bag. Doesn't take more than an eighth of a cup. I don't swish the wax around the bag. The bag goes directly on to the hand or foot and then gets squished in well. Then I wrap in warm towels. Hth.
Thanks Attitude
My wax is far to hot in its liquid state to apply directly to hands/feet. Even when it's started to solidify it still holds a lot of heat but it's comfortable. Swishing the hot liquid wax around the inside of the bag cools and solidifies it quickly and forms a 360 degree layer to coat all the foot.
It seems the problem may be my heater & wax so for now I'll purchase a couple of taller containers to coat higher up the bag and see how it goes. Don't know how professional that's going to look?

Thanks Attitude
My wax is far to hot in its liquid state to apply directly to hands/feet. Even when it's started to solidify it still holds a lot of heat but it's comfortable. Swishing the hot liquid wax around the inside of the bag cools and solidifies it quickly and forms a 360 degree layer to coat all the foot.
It seems the problem may be my heater & wax so for now I'll purchase a couple of taller containers to coat higher up the bag and see how it goes. Don't know how professional that's going to look?
Hi bliss 69 just wondering when you say it's that the cups not big enough, do u mean the pot in the wax machine? Just asking because I'm about to buy one and if the small heaters aren't big enough to do paraffin wax I need to know! Lol ;) x

Hi Rebecca
It's the container (plastic jug) I was using to support my protective bag while swishing the wax around that was too small/short.
The Wax Master paraffin bath is big enough to dip your whole foot in! but if you read the manual is says it's not suitable for the dip technique. I'm guessing the reason why is down to temperature control, liquid wax is way to hot and by the time it's cooled down enough it's already started to solidify. I wouldn't recommend it hun x HTH

I use a disposable plastic cup, fill it a bit (maybe a 1/4cup) and pour into a disposable plastic bag. I then hold the bag at the top to keep it closed and them using my other hand squish the wax around in the bag until it starts to solidify a bit. I then get the client to dip their foot/hand in the bag and move the wax around until its solid enough. Wrap in a towel and leave them for a bit.

Hope that helps!

Hi Rebecca
It's the container (plastic jug) I was using to support my protective bag while swishing the wax around that was too small/short.
The Wax Master paraffin bath is big enough to dip your whole foot in! but if you read the manual is says it's not suitable for the dip technique. I'm guessing the reason why is down to temperature control, liquid wax is way to hot and by the time it's cooled down enough it's already started to solidify. I wouldn't recommend it hun x HTH
Thanks girls :) xxx

Latest posts

Back