Paraffin wax manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickey26

Mobile masseuse and nail technician
Reaction score
Ok so it's been a very long time since I have done this treatment but I was just wanting to know if I can put paraffin wax in my old wax pot. I don't do waxing any more so the pot is going to waste and I think I would get more use out of it if I could use paraffin wax.

I do this and I can't see why not as long all sterilised and clean. Only thing is watch the temperature as paraffin has a low melting point and can get really hot quickly!!

Do you need special training for paraffin wax manis/pedis? I can't find any! I hold regular mani/pedi qualifications though.

If not, how does one learn what to do? You-tube?

I'd check with your insurance to be on the safe side! You might not be covered if you don't heat your paraffin wax in a paraffin wax heater since other heaters aren't really designed to be used with it and therefore may be regarded as unsafe.

@blossom you usually get taught it as part of level 2 beauty, again I would check with your insurer if you wanted to start offering it as a treatment and I think it would be quite difficult to do if you haven't been taught how to do it properly

Do you need special training for paraffin wax manis/pedis? I can't find any! I hold regular mani/pedi qualifications though.

If not, how does one learn what to do? You-tube?

It is covered on level 2 beauty, but it's not difficult to do and you're right, there are plenty of YouTube videos which would help. If your insurance company won't cover you though you might want to consider doing what I did - I actually went on a one day mani and pedi refresher course a couple of years ago as I hadn't done any for years, (I did my level 2 back in 1997 but had a break). Paraffin wax was covered again, but not sure how cost effective that would be if you don't need refreshing on the other aspects? Although it might seem like an old fashioned treatment, everyone I've used it on has loved it!

It is covered on level 2 beauty, but it's not difficult to do and you're right, there are plenty of YouTube videos which would help. If your insurance company won't cover you though you might want to consider doing what I did - I actually went on a one day mani and pedi refresher course a couple of years ago as I hadn't done any for years, (I did my level 2 back in 1997 but had a break). Paraffin wax was covered again, but not sure how cost effective that would be if you don't need refreshing on the other aspects? Although it might seem like an old fashioned treatment, everyone I've used it on has loved it!
I've just done exactly that lol, last month, as I felt very rusty. Paraffin wax was spoken of and contra-indications covered but no instructions as such but I presumed I'd be able to do it since it was talked of. I might speak to the trainer I think

I've just done exactly that lol, last month, as I felt very rusty. Paraffin wax was spoken of and contra-indications covered but no instructions as such but I presumed I'd be able to do it since it was talked of. I might speak to the trainer I think
Hopefully what you covered in your course will be enough for your insurance. contraindications/actions and knowing what temperature to heat the paraffin wax are the most important things as the application/removal is easy - but a bit messy!

Latest posts

Back