Paraffin wax manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
I recieved a parrafin wax machine for christmas....am absolutely thrilled,but have a question on timing:confused:....i heated it up this evening....it took 2 hours:eek::eek:....is this normal....so will i just leave it on all day....i have a "thing" for using too much electricity:eek::eek::lol:

I am happy i am going to do the treatments in manicures,pedicures,and i may even offer it for facials aswell....when i was at college,i had awful experiences with it,as we heatyed it up in wax pots:eek:,so the temp was never right....and posed hygein problems aswell...but i was so impressed with someone showing me the difference that,i am now inspired to offer it,and the benefits out weigh the cons i think.

Is it ok to leave it on,but when i leave the salon should i switch it off?.....it took 3 slabs before it hit the minimum line aswell,but these are not expensive thank goodness!

Should i layer it more on someone who has,say arthritic or circulation problems aswell,so it will retain the heat more?

It does take a while for the wax to melt.
I never shut mine off. Ive owned it for almost 7 years, yikes, now it will probably kill over. :)

Mine takes 3 hours to heat up when up to the maximum fill. It is thermostatic so once it is heated I don't think it uses too much. I leave mine on a timer for the early morning ones. HTH:)

Mine takes ages to heat up so I use a timer which I set the night before.
Once it's melted, I turn it down to 'warm' which keeps it at a workable temp.
I make every third pack of wax a scented one to keep the room smelling nice.
I also use a timer on my heater and my wax pot, that way I can run in the door at 9 and I'm good to go !

hi, I have megga problems with my paraffin wax bath. I had it on for nearly 2 hours to melt the wax then put it to low and 3 hrs later it to hot, so I switch it of and take the lid of it as well but it is no good for a business, like that as you can never calculate when it is ready to use. it is nearly new so i know it is not faulty just takes alooooong time to get to temp. also bought the cartridge spray system but it does not do such a good job i dont think, it covers to thin and its not the same as brushing the wax over the hand or foot and the bath wax seems to retain the heat more than the spray ones.

Yep just to add it does take ages to melt all the wax, I find the wax too hot when it has all melted so I leave it another 30 mins before using and it seems to be fine then! Not sure why lol!!

p.s what a fab Chrissy pressie, I had one last year!!

xxxx

Thanks people:hug:....tried it out on my father in law,and i did myself as a pedicure,with raw earth CND....wow:eek:....i have good feet,but the difference was amazing!!

Once heated,the paraffin,was ok,but it is quite hot for the feet,but not uncomfortable,just kept re dipping too build up the coats.:)

This may sound like a ignorant question to pose but when you say redip do you mean actually dipping the clients feet or hands directly into the wax in the heater..?

I always use paraffin stripes, to keep the paraffin bath clean and hygein, it also does, that the paraffin dosn´t feel so hot when it is put on the clients hands or feat. I don´t know about the baths you have, but one the one i have, you can raise or lower the temperature one the bath??

I always use paraffin stripes, to keep the paraffin bath clean and hygein, it also does, that the paraffin dosn´t feel so hot when it is put on the clients hands or feat. I don´t know about the baths you have, but one the one i have, you can raise or lower the temperature one the bath??
I though it should be at 130 degrees,as this is the correct temperatureto kill any bacteria,so it is hygeinic,by being at this temp,it can work to its optimum.

I suppose if you were painting it on,maybe you could alter the temp,but for a hygeinic ay i prefer to leave at this,as i can not alter it.

If you had some dye on your finger,and immersed it into water it would discolour and infect,whereas the paraffin does not,it coats the finger,and the wax does not become infected...i hope i explained that well enough!:eek::lol:

Whether painting the wax on or dipping (my preffered method) hands and feet should be sanitised thoroughly before use.

And Gabi you are right about it being hot for feet, it is, so I dip the heel in first to get your foot used to the temp, I find it more bearable that way!
The Raw Earth stuff is fab isnt it, also lovin' the Spa range aswell, its my best seller!! And so luxurious!!!

Have fun xxxxxx

Whether painting the wax on or dipping (my preffered method) hands and feet should be sanitised thoroughly before use.

And Gabi you are right about it being hot for feet, it is, so I dip the heel in first to get your foot used to the temp, I find it more bearable that way!
The Raw Earth stuff is fab isnt it, also lovin' the Spa range aswell, its my best seller!! And so luxurious!!!

Have fun xxxxxx
Can i ask what you sanitise with prior to dipping Hayls?...i was thinking of something from Mundo,which sprays on,but i can not remember the name of it,or can you use citrusoak?

Thanks for the tip about the heel,and i find raw earth is wonderful,can you use the foot rub prior to dipping the foot,this way the wax will make it penetrate more?...thanks:hug:

Can i ask what you sanitise with prior to dipping Hayls?...i was thinking of something from Mundo,which sprays on,but i can not remember the name of it,or can you use citrusoak?

Thanks for the tip about the heel,and i find raw earth is wonderful,can you use the foot rub prior to dipping the foot,this way the wax will make it penetrate more?...thanks:hug:
If you are not soaking I would use 'cool blue' from CND

If you are not soaking I would use 'cool blue' from CND
Oh yes,thanks adele,i forgot about that....i have to say i love raw earth,those samples you gave me Adele are out of this world:hug:

Adele beat me to it lol!!!
I use Mundo wipes then Cool blue to follow on the feet, I find the wipes get rid of fluff and things!:eek:

I would use the wax after the Buff, then the rub to follow, as then you would have the invigorating buff, then relaxing wax and heavenly rub! Jmho though, its easily adapted for everyones wants and needs!

xxxxxxx:hug:

Hi all.... never posted before, :Scared:(easily intimidated I guess) but reading the posts on the paraffin heater, I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to share. (for what it's worth).... having recently taken the NASP (North American School of Podology) Infection Control level 2, and the benefit of other research on top of my Esthetics & Nail tech Certification, I have reason to question the practicality of 'dipping'...... Although the manufacturer of my paraffin unit also does say that it is acceptable to 'dip' hands and feet directly into the unit..... There are other alternatives that make really good sense to me. First, I work on a lot of elderly clients with terrible feet... would I really want a facial from the same wax warmer they dipped in?... Also, we know (Footlogix training) that approximately 85% of the population has some form of foot fungus.... another good reason for not dipping. As earlier mentioned, there are 'strips' that can be purchased, and dipped and then THEY are wrapped around the foot/ ankle / wrist /etc... also, another great alternative that I use a lot is to use a paraffin 'bag' made specially and ladle the wax into the bag, put the clients' hand into it making sure there is enough wax to 'glove' the hand.... then close bag, and wrap hands (feet) in towels or specially made mits or booties (some are heated like an electric blanket, to hold the warmth)....To me, it's another great selling point to increase the clients' comfort level that I"m taking EVERY precaution to avoid cross contamination of any kind. Sorry gang, don't mean to preach, but it's a topic near and dear to me..... hope no one takes offense.
Tina.

Latest posts

Back