paraffin wax treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi soz this may be a silly question ,but iv no done a parafin wax treatment since i was in college now iv got a client who wants their hands and feet done but im sure in college we did the paraffin wax dip before the manicure or pedicure iam i right or can someone refresh me .The price i gave her was £20 do u think thats ok for the treatment on both the hands and feet ?;)

i use paraffin wax after hand lotion, so at the very end of the manicure before polish.
as for the price, is this on top of the price of a mani/pedi? or is she just having paraffin wax on its own?

I have the paraffin wax treatment just before my warming/cooling mask, almost at the end of my treatment, I then go on to do the mask and then the lotion/oil/silk to finish, then obviously polish nails!

The price again is down to your area, so do your research to find out what others around you are charging, then go from there!

hth's xx

hi, the price is including mani&pedi and to finish with a polish :eek:

It depends on what else your mani/pedi consists of...if its a top of the range luxury manicure/pedicure then £20 might be too cheap!

You need to allow for time taken and products aswell.

I charge £22 for a Spa Manicure and £25 for a Spa Pedicure.

I did my research before coming to these prices and took into account all factors! Also quality of products use, I use Creative products, so top quality.

hiya we were taught to do paraffin after all prep, cuticle work and exfoliation if needed. then wax, massage then polish

hi thx for your replys ,il let u know how i get on doing client 2m (wed ).im going to charge £22 for them both since its my first one :)

hi soz this may be a silly question ,but iv no done a parafin wax treatment since i was in college now iv got a client who wants their hands and feet done but im sure in college we did the paraffin wax dip before the manicure or pedicure iam i right or can someone refresh me .The price i gave her was £20 do u think thats ok for the treatment on both the hands and feet ?;)

Hi Sharon

I am not sure when you finished college but it is not adviseable these days to dip clients hads/feet into the paraffin wax bath due to cross contamination/infection.

If you would like any further information or help on new methods of application you can PM me.
:hug:Tracey

How can you contaminate the wax if the clients feet and hands are checked properly for contra indications, open wounds etc etc and are sanitised thoroughly?
If you are going to dip dirty hands and feet into wax then of course it will get contaminated.......

How can you contaminate the wax if the clients feet and hands are checked properly for contra indications, open wounds etc etc and are sanitised thoroughly?
If you are going to dip dirty hands and feet into wax then of course it will get contaminated.......
I personally wouldn't be happy dipping my feet in to a bowl of warm wax when god only knows how many other people have put thier feet in it, reguardless of whether or not they had clean feet. Maybe I'm just a clean freak..........!!!

I personally wouldn't be happy dipping my feet in to a bowl of warm wax when god only knows how many other people have put thier feet in it, reguardless of whether or not they had clean feet. Maybe I'm just a clean freak..........!!!

You don't necessarily have to dip hands or feet, you could use a brush application.

i apply the wax at the end of the manicure treatment, after the polish is dried. I find if the wax is applied before, it leaves a residue on the nail plate and the polish does'nt stick as well or chipps of more easily or you have to scrub fresh the nail plate thus un-doing the hydra moisture of a p.wax treatment?? i find if your using a good quality enamel it will be permible letting the nail breathe, so the moisture of the wax will penitrate through to the nail bad and help set the polish :)

i like a aloe vera or peppermint paraffin wax, much better than the plain, clients will remember it and ask for it again, explain the benifits of paraffin treatments for joints, dry nail beds etc.

every so often i do a paraffin wax promotion in my salon. i charge £5.00 for hands (on top of their manicure or acrylic treatment) this goes down really well with the clients. i also find that the extra moisture of a p.wax treatment on acrylic nails really helps for clients whos acrylics are prone to lifting through being naughty and not wearing gloves etc:irked: ha ha

hope this helps :)

Welcome to Spa Revolutions
Please look at this site I use this system to do my paraffin wax. Everyone love's it. I do my wax before the polish. The wax helps to seal in all the oil and lotion that you used. Polish is the last step for me
Welcome to Spa Revolutions

Hi Sharon

I am not sure when you finished college but it is not adviseable these days to dip clients hads/feet into the paraffin wax bath due to cross contamination/infection.

If you would like any further information or help on new methods of application you can PM me.
:hug:Tracey

Have a read of this thread, some very interesting info on how sanitary it is. But if you don't want to dip, lately I have been pouring paraffin into a liner bag. I find it easier as i don't have to move around the paraffin pot or client, & when I do a pedi I can just carry over a liner bag with some paraffin in it.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/7797-parafin-dips-sanitary.html

Here here have you seen what is left at the bottom of wax baths after multiple users I totally agree pink fairy.

I'm with you on this one :hug:

Tracey

hi there ,just to let u know how things went yesterday .went really well (i thought) client wanted the dip system i did say to her about the brush application but she wanted her hands & feet dipped ,anyway client was really please with the full treatment which took about 2hours ,15mins for consultion so HAPPY CLIENT HAPPY ME :). I just think i get myself uptight when i get a new client and when iv not done the treatment on clients before ,but thanks for all your support and replys dont yous just love this site :hug:

Here here have you seen what is left at the bottom of wax baths after multiple users I totally agree pink fairy.

I'm with you on this one :hug:

Tracey

I definitely agree! Imagine if you/ your client contracted something awful after having a 'dunking' treatment that may well have absolutely nothing to do with your treatment, they'd still wonder if it was something they caught from the paraffin bath and then your business will suffer no end!! :rolleyes:

I have to comment on this, what is left at the bottm of your paraffin wax bath????
There is nothing left at the bottom of my bath, just crystal clear wax!

As I stated before, if your clients hands/feet are cleaned thoroughly and sanitised then I do not see a problem!

If on the other hand they are not clean or sanitised and are dipped straight into the wax after the foot coming out of the shoe, then of course that is pretty grim and then you will have stuff at the bottom of the bath!

If brushing the wax on is better for you then go for it!

And Sharon....Im glad it went well with your client! xxxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back