paraffin wax treatments??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
thinking of adding this to my service but know nothing about it really!!
how much extra do you charge for this?
which is the best brand to buy?
where from?
any pros and cons to this aswell?
how much did you pay for yours, what is a reasonable price for the whole lot and is there a special wax or which would you reccommend??
thank you soo much in advance if you could answer some or all the my questions
xxxxx

anyone have any ideas??
i have searched btw but not found anything specific
thanks in advance xxx

hi hun

cant help much im afraid, just wanted to tell you that was looking at paraffin wax for my service menu, but decided against it (only cos im mobile) once we move and i get home based salon too, i will deffo invest in one, i looked at getting a starter set, sallys, salons direct and few other places had them, ranging from £39.99 - £70

someone reccomended hive of beauty one to me, cos theres lots of nice diff aroma wax you can get?

will see if i can find the thread with the advice in

nicky xxxx

cant find the thread hun, but i remember people saying that the heater has metal liners you can take out, so you can change from paraffin wax to 'waxing' wax (if that makes sense lol) and without havng to throw the wax away, a lot of people advised me against going for a wax bath (which is what i was thinking of) because they dont like to be putting diff peoples hands/feet in the same wax all the time and to change it after every treatment is silly, so they said just get smaller heater and use brush method

i also remember i looked into what to add to prices for this, now in college we were told, to add £10 for paraffin wax treatment, and i remember thinking 'this is fair', i'd have a look and see if other therapists offer this service locally and see what they charge

hths hun x

thankyou soo much anyway
very helpful xx

hi,

at college we got taught three ways of paraffin wax, there is the metal bowl that goes in your normal wax heater that u can brush on, and it goes back to a solid wuite quickley once turned off.

There is a bath of paraffin wax that you can 'dunk' the hands or feet in, again once the heat has been turned off it goes back to a solid quite quickley. Also for the more hygenic of us, these is a cartridge system, where you heat a cartridge of the paraffin wax and spray it on so that you dont have cross contamination between clients, i think they are about 70 pounds from places like salon express. They also have different flavours such as peach and lavender.

As for pricing i add £5 to my spa manicure/pedicure it is really benificial for people with joint probelms, arthritis and the like, and it always gets the clients talking because they havent seen such a thing before!

I have one and hardly get any clients that want that added to their service. I found a lot of my clients looked disturbed when I ask them too, so now I have lowered my price to $5 and will hope for the best.

Honestly, I wished I hadn't gotten one. I paid close to $100 for my machine and it takes 6 1 pound packages of wax.

I think I will use it more for myself this winter!

hi,

at college we got taught three ways of paraffin wax, there is the metal bowl that goes in your normal wax heater that u can brush on, and it goes back to a solid wuite quickley once turned off.

There is a bath of paraffin wax that you can 'dunk' the hands or feet in, again once the heat has been turned off it goes back to a solid quite quickley. Also for the more hygenic of us, these is a cartridge system, where you heat a cartridge of the paraffin wax and spray it on so that you dont have cross contamination between clients, i think they are about 70 pounds from places like salon express. They also have different flavours such as peach and lavender.

As for pricing i add £5 to my spa manicure/pedicure it is really benificial for people with joint probelms, arthritis and the like, and it always gets the clients talking because they havent seen such a thing before!

does anyone have one of these saw this and thought it looked great how long do they take to heat up and when spraying on is it not really messy eg do you have to do it over a bucket or something i have a few really old manicure clients who i feel would really benefit with this treatment (my mum also would like a go!!) so anyone who has more info on this cartridge system please let me no the ins and outs of it!!! xxx

I have one and hardly get any clients that want that added to their service. I found a lot of my clients looked disturbed when I ask them too, so now I have lowered my price to $5 and will hope for the best.

Honestly, I wished I hadn't gotten one. I paid close to $100 for my machine and it takes 6 1 pound packages of wax.

I think I will use it more for myself this winter!
I never used to get anybody wanting a parafin treatment, then I started offering to do a hand free for the clients who I thought would benefit. People are amazed when they see the results, and most of them booked for treatments.

My parafin is nothing special, it's just a plain one I get from the wholesaler. I think the important thing is to use it with a good rich lotion/cream. I either do the parafin over solar butter or CND exfolliating crystals/activator.

I never used to get anybody wanting a parafin treatment, then I started offering to do a hand free for the clients who I thought would benefit. People are amazed when they see the results, and most of them booked for treatments.

My parafin is nothing special, it's just a plain one I get from the wholesaler. I thinktheimportant thing is to use it with a good rich lotion/cream. I either do the parafin over solar butter or CND exfolliating crystals/activator.

ooh i didnt know you could do that, we were taught to just put it on, there was no cream underneath? i like the sound of using it over solar butter mmmmmm soft n lovely smell i guess?

xx

ooh i didnt know you could do that, we were taught to just put it on, there was no cream underneath? i like the sound of using it over solar butter mmmmmm soft n lovely smell i guess?

xx
The heat and barrier of the parafin forces the cream into the skin. Try doing one hand, you'll be amazed.

Latest posts

Back