Paraffin Wax treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitten

Reaction score
Geeks - I'm learning about this at college next week and it got me wondering:
a) how many of the geeks offer this service?
b) Is it popular?
c) How much extra do I charge for a paraffin wax manicure/pedicure as opposed to a standard one?
d) Is it good to buy a wax heater just for paraffin, or go for the type where you can sit a pot in the top, that means you can interchange depilation wax with paraffin wax?

So many questions! Hope you can help - thanks in advance! xxx

Hi Ya, Paraffin Wax seems to be quite popular local to my area and as an add-on service to a manicure and pedicure which i charge as an extra £5 on top of the treatment not sure if this is a good price or not really:o but i think it is a beneficial extra and have had a lot of interest in it (although saying that no-one has one yet lol!). With regards to the wax pot i cant really advise on that and maybe someone who knows more and uses it regularly can advise. Ellisons do a paraffin wax starter kit for £65 and includes the mitts etc so may be worth checking them out sorry not much help x x

Hi, we charge an extra £5 if added to another service, or £7.50 as a stand alone treatment. It's lovely, wish I could dip my whole body in it - anyone know of a mega big wax bath lol?!

Kitten said:
Geeks - I'm learning about this at college next week and it got me wondering:
a) how many of the geeks offer this service?
b) Is it popular?
c) How much extra do I charge for a paraffin wax manicure/pedicure as opposed to a standard one?
d) Is it good to buy a wax heater just for paraffin, or go for the type where you can sit a pot in the top, that means you can interchange depilation wax with paraffin wax?

So many questions! Hope you can help - thanks in advance! xxx
To be perfectly honest, depilation wax can get very messy and it can be a bit of a pain to interchange - the wax can drip between the pot and the heater and then, when you lift either the paraffin or the depilatory wax pots out, they're all stick, and you have to be careful where you sit the pots. So, if I were you, I'd get a new heater.
I've heard that as a standard rule, you should add £10 onto your regular charges. This, of course, depends on where you are located.
Oh, sarah, a massive paraffin wax bath - that'd be brilliant! Makes me feel especially jealous since our boiler is broken and I'm in scotland, and it's cold... anyway, I digress...
I think there is quite a lot of interest.
However, having said what I did say about the wax pot, If you can ensure that you scrape the spatula on the scraper bar - EVERY time you use it and if you can keep it extremely clean, you could use it, as long as you have somewhere to keep the other pot when not in use.

I used to offer this service but found it really messy, especially as I'm mobile having to wait for it to cool before I put in to the car. It didn't work for me but it's such a lovely pamper treatment which I treat myself to love it on my feet especially in winter) revive my poor aching toes.

Latest posts

Back