Paraffin wax when pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cute nails

Reaction score
Help, I need a bit of advice please.:confused:

I have to do a paraffin wax soon but just found out my client is a few weeks pregnant, I have read various different things about when you are pregnant you have to avoid certain treatments, I am concerned that this is one of them. The products I use for mans & Peds is Pedi - Station again these products are aroma therapy, are they safe to use on someone who is a few weeks pregnant?

My paraffin wax is Salon Systems with aloe Vera.

I am probably being over cautious, but i have only been doing pedis for a few weeks and is still new to me.

please help

thanks guys

Help, I need a bit of advice please.:confused:

I have to do a paraffin wax soon but just found out my client is a few weeks pregnant, I have read various different things about when you are pregnant you have to avoid certain treatments, I am concerned that this is one of them. The products I use for mans & Peds is Pedi - Station again these products are aroma therapy, are they safe to use on someone who is a few weeks pregnant?

My paraffin wax is Salon Systems with aloe Vera.

I am probably being over cautious, but i have only been doing pedis for a few weeks and is still new to me.

please help

thanks guys

I dont really think that Paraffin wax would be harmful to a pregnant client. I think it would be do her more good than harm.

As to the products with aromatherapy oils in them, the majority of oils are not recommended to use during the 1st 3-4 months of pregnancy. Some you cannot use at all, for example clary sage. What essential oils are in your products?

I think if you're having to ask about which aromatherapy oils are safe to use on a pregnant lady you shouldn't be using them at all. All contraindications should be covered in your training and if it wsn't i'd stay clear from them. As for using the paraffin wax i'd have no problems using this on someone whose pregnant.

I think if you're having to ask about which aromatherapy oils are safe to use on a pregnant lady you shouldn't be using them at all. All contraindications should be covered in your training and if it wsn't i'd stay clear from them. As for using the paraffin wax i'd have no problems using this on someone whose pregnant.

I'm not using the oils its a (foot lotion) which has lavender and tea tree in it, Its a great product which i use at college. Thanks for your advice ill prob just use the salon systems foot range instead until i can get it confirmed that it is OK to use pedi station products on someone who is pregnant.:)

I dont really think that Paraffin wax would be harmful to a pregnant client. I think it would be do her more good than harm.

As to the products with aromatherapy oils in them, the majority of oils are not recommended to use during the 1st 3-4 months of pregnancy. Some you cannot use at all, for example clary sage. What essential oils are in your products?

Hi, Herb and flower essences with lavender, tea tree,peppermint and arnica I have called my tutor and i am waiting for her to get back to me i do hope it is ok to use as it is a fantastic product.:)

I had to explain to one of my clients who's about 8 weeks pregnant that I couldn't do a luxury manicure on her as my products contain essential oils. I certainly wouldn't want to take the risk with her baby's life! And neither would she. I would do a basic shape and tidy though.
And I really can't see a problem with using paraffin wax as long as it doesn't contain essential oils.

Latest posts

Back