Paraffin Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie5305

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was trained in paraffin wax at college but have only just decided to start offering it, does anyone have any tips? I've found a way of doing it and leaving little mess, but I'm having trouble cleaning my brush, any ideas?

I'm really just looking for those little things that you pick up through experience!

Thanks!

I'd be interested in a few tips also as I'm thinking of offering a chocolate paraffin wax manicure.

I use paraffin as a service add on, $8.00 people like it very much! I buy paraffin bags and I never let client dip had or foot into paraffin machine. Instead I use a Dixie cup to take paraffin out and put into bag and then insert hand or foot into bag following. Clients like this much better than knowing everyone is sticking there hands in same dirty wax everyone before them used lol

It is my understanding from research that nothing can live in paraffin wax therefore it is ok to dip hands or feet into the bath.

Jacqui xx

Dipping into the actual paraffin bath is a bit like the double-dipping debate surrounding wax pots. Some think it's okay, some think it's a big no-no. Each to their own. I don't dip but scoop out and paint on from a small bowl.

As for the OP, to clean your brush, you need to wipe it quickly on scrunched up couch roll to get as much wax off as you can.

I use paraffin as a service add on, $8.00 people like it very much! I buy paraffin bags and I never let client dip had or foot into paraffin machine. Instead I use a Dixie cup to take paraffin out and put into bag and then insert hand or foot into bag following. Clients like this much better than knowing everyone is sticking there hands in same dirty wax everyone before them used lol

I like this idea !! Great tip. Sounds squidgy and gorgeus as well as individual and clean. Thanks for sharing the idea.

@ Jaqcuelneanna ... Client perception is crucially important! Whether or not anything can thrive in parafin is not the point. For example, Nothing might thrive in Acetone, but I still don't want to soak off in other people's bits of debris.

We use a paraffin system called Perfect Sense which comes with individual booties and gloves that have "preloaded" blocks of paraffin in them. We load the booties or gloves into the mechanism, put the heater packet in place, close the contraption, then pour in the aroma therapy packet. The chemical reaction melts the paraffin.

The other method we use for spa parties is the standard paraffin machine, that looks like a slow cooker, and plastic paraffin bags. We dip the paraffin out with a plain old fashioned kitchen ladle.

Don't offer paraffin wax but great tip :)

The other method we use for spa parties is the standard paraffin machine, that looks like a slow cooker, and plastic paraffin bags. We dip the paraffin out with a plain old fashioned kitchen ladle.

This is the way we were shown in college so this is what I do. We were told to throw away the leftover wax at the end which always seems so wasteful.

We were taught to get a separate bowl and line it with tinfoil and then scoop the wax out of the bath. With the brush I wait for it to harden and then break it off the bristles which can be a little messy x

For the spa parties, we scoop the paraffin out with the ladle pouring a couple of scoops of wax into each baggie, then placing a baggie on each hand/foot, then putting a warm mitten on each hand/foot.

If you're using a nice oily paraffin and apply constant, gentle pressure when removing the baggie from the client, the paraffin will just slide right off almost like a glove.

I'd be interested in a few tips also as I'm thinking of offering a chocolate paraffin wax manicure.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a chocolate paraffin wax, is is pretty much the same as offering a standard paraffin wax treatment?

I didn't know there was such a thing as a chocolate paraffin wax, is is pretty much the same as offering a standard paraffin wax treatment?

I assume it's chocolate scented wax? Sounds delicious though! Where is it available?

x

The last thing in the world that would attract me would be smelling of chocolate ... ugh! No thank you! Why would anyone want to smell of a food? Can't understand the appeal.

I'm much more attracted to the smell of lavender, citrus, almond, ocean inspired scents, coconut, pineapple, some florals, maybe vanilla...but chocolate, I'm not sure I'd like that. It would send my brain mixed signals...relaxation or food binge.

i think they do a chocolate range in ellisons but not sure, good tips about the bag never thought of that, i found the aloe salon systems version really good and its not too hot as i have found with other parafin makes, im open to suggesions though, cleaning your brush or towels or anything like that i always pour boiling water on it outside away from a drain area, it melts off straight away and you can wash your towels n have fresh brushes with no stress :)

Latest posts

Back