Paraffin Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather111

Reaction score
I've just done the Creative FDFC and loved every minute of it! I've already a few clients interested in having their nails done and quite interestingly 4 people have already said that if I do the manicure with the Paraffin dip then they will have theirs done!!! HELP......where's the best place to buy a Wax heater?? And do I use plastic bags(???) and heated mitts, or even just warm towels??

So many questions I know but if I'm offering this service I really want to be professional :eek: !!!!!!

Thank you soooo much.

Heather

Hi

I'm not sure where you can get a parrafin heater but where i work we use plastic bags and hand mitts for approximately 10mins. The clients love the feel of their skin afterwards. I have also had parrafin wax done on my face over a gauze because my skin was so dry and this was lovely.

Shelley

hi,
my best advice to you would be to do the creative spa manicure and pedicure 1 day course you would be giving your clients a treat! creative sell a paraffin wax heater as so do most beauty suppliers, after the hands are dipped into the wax (which can be brushed onto the hand also) you then place the hand into plastic bags (special purchase not tesco's lol), you can then wrap the hands in warmed towels or heated mitts, bearing in mind the client has already had heat treatment so extra care should be taken when using mitts.
hope this helps
regards
den :)

There are various places you could get a wax bath - I would advise getting one which you could fit a whole hand in rather than the beehive type which you have to brush on.

Check out your local wholesalers. The one I have is a Remington one which I bought about 4 years ago and I replenish the wax as and when needed - my favourite wax is the Nailorder Pinnacle Peach one.

The spa bath came with plastic hand liners and thermal mitts.

Hi there, you can purchase parafin wax heaters from most pro companies, such as capital hair and beauty, sallys hair and beauty, the beauty mag catalogue and elisons catalogue, you may alos be able to pick them up on ebay or have a look on there under the wanted section sometimes peeps sell them here.

I use parafin wax and love it, however my set up is a little weird, i use my wax heater that i use for my hair waxing system I just change the pots, and I paint the wax on, takes a bit longer but is fine for now and I use oven gloves and they work wonders, it also makes my clients giggle, but Ihave found them to work far better, well for me they do.

Good luck

Grace x

Thanks everyone....feel a bit better now. I am going to buy the Creative Spa Manicure set but I wouldn't have thought they tell you about the wax bit (might be wrong!!). I'll have to make sure the one I buy has a lockable lid. I'm planning on working mobile :eek: ...Don't need it on my car seat!!!!!!

Grace...OVEN GLOVES.....WOW!!!! Does it work?? And how long do you keep the wax on for??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back