Paraffin Wax..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather111

Reaction score
Just a question...I have 2 wax dips to do tomorrow night. Will I be ok using Cool Blue then dipping or should I also use an oil after the cool blue to make the removal of the wax easier??

Thanks
:rolleyes:

Cool blue is a hand sanitiser and while I don`t think it`d be a problem, I would suggest you use a good quality hand cream before dipping to aid the removal of wax after treatment

Thanks Debs! I thought the wax would be easier to 'peel' if I used an oil/cream before.

I'll give it a go....

Silly question but ...can I just put any cream/oil onto the hands first??

Heather111 said:
Silly question but ...can I just put any cream/oil onto the hands first??

Heather I assume you are doing a manicure on the client so do you normal treatment once you have massaged your lotion/moisturiser you then dip the hands into the parafix wax, put into gloves/cling flim which ever you use and wrap in towells and leave for upto 20 minutes or longer if possible/required

The wax on its own is slightly moisturisng but is best used in conjuction with a hand cream or oil, as the wax opens up the pores and helps the lotions used to penetrate the epidermis...and is really soothing and relaxing... hope this helps...

No Louise, on this occasion I am not doing a manicure. It's for a male relative who suffers from Arthritis in his fingers and has asked if I can give it a go for him!
I planned on just sanitising the hands, applying oil/cream and then dipping into the wax, into plastic bags then into heated mitts. Presume this is still ok(?). Just wanted to know if I could use any oil/cream. Think by doing so the wax will be easier to remove at the end.

Thanks anyway
Heather

Heather111 said:
No Louise, on this occasion I am not doing a manicure. It's for a male relative who suffers from Arthritis in his fingers and has asked if I can give it a go for him!
I planned on just sanitising the hands, applying oil/cream and then dipping into the wax, into plastic bags then into heated mitts. Presume this is still ok(?). Just wanted to know if I could use any oil/cream. Think by doing so the wax will be easier to remove at the end.

Thanks anyway
Heather
I'd just use baby oil, no girly smells :lol:

Thanks Louise!

:)
You also mentioned More Than White.....is it easier enough to get the hang of? My smile lines never smile so I'm planning on having a go with this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back