Parafin wax heaters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppercorn Nails

Reaction score
Hiya

I'm looking at purchasing a Parafin wax heater and would like to know what you guys consider to be the best and what sorts of things do I need to consider.

Many thanks
Adele

Hi Adele,

I am afraid this is one of the occasions where I did not buy a "professional" product. About 4 years ago when I started, I purchased a Remington Paraffin Wax spa bath to see if I would use it - if I did then I would eventually buy a proper salon one with timers etc. I have not used it as much as I expected to. Most people would prefer a Spa Mani.

It takes about 2hrs to melt - depending on the level of the wax. I do love the Nailorder paraffin peach wax - much more luxurious than the wax that came with the bath.

Saying all that though I do love it.

I bought just an ordinary wax heater and you can buy the small metal pots that go inside so you can use it for all types of wax, ie: paraffin, warm and hot.
Its always done me ok but you have to take the wax out and brush it on the client, whereas other wax machines are made big enough to emerse the hand or foot into it making the wax easier to apply.

Hi thanks girls

I think from what I've gathered so far, I am better getting one that will take submersion of the hand and foot rather than brushing it on (maybe messy and more time consuming?).

Is 2 hours generally how long it takes to melt the parafin or does it depend on the heater?

Do they come with lids?

Any comments gratefully received:)

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Hi thanks girls

I think from what I've gathered so far, I am better getting one that will take submersion of the hand and foot rather than brushing it on (maybe messy and more time consuming?).

Is 2 hours generally how long it takes to melt the parafin or does it depend on the heater?

Do they come with lids?

Adele

Hi

I have been using a wax heater that holds a container of paraffin wax which needs to be brushed on so i bought a paraffin wax heater which you can dip hands and feet in. It used 6lbs of wax and it was only when i got it that i realised it took at least 12 hours to melt and it was thermostatically controlled which meant it had to be left on so i sent it back they do a mini spa version which takes 3lbs which might be able to be warmed up quicker.

Christine :)

cristine said:
Hi

I have been using a wax heater that holds a container of paraffin wax which needs to be brushed on so i bought a paraffin wax heater which you can dip hands and feet in. It used 6lbs of wax and it was only when i got it that i realised it took at least 12 hours to melt and it was thermostatically controlled which meant it had to be left on so i sent it back they do a mini spa version which takes 3lbs which might be able to be warmed up quicker.

Christine :)

I have a dipping type of wax bath, it takes about 2 hrs to melt. It does have a lid.

I have a dipping style machine, with lid. It has melt,warm, and standby settings. I turn it on warm every morning whether I have a dip that morning or not, and it usually takes about an hour and 15 to be ready. After a weekend, it will take about 2 hours to be ready. The only time I have used the melt setting is when I have changed my wax, and requires an extra hour to "cool down".
Dips are a good seller for me. I think because of the "environment" we have. Our dips are done in a seperate room, by candle light,mood music,and water fountain. Followed with a hand massage.

I purchased a Remington from Boots, It only cost £40 plus I received an extra pack of scented wax.It is lilac and white, thermostatically controlled (I plug it into a timer so it comes on and goes off the same time every day)It is lilac and white and it matches my studio beautifully.
You can add £100 to that price for a 'Professional' one!

I bought one this week end by Salon System from dennis Williams it cost £45 exc VAT and it took 1 hour for pot of parafin wax to melt in the heater.
I have now carefully removed half of the contents as it took 45 mins to melt - hoping with half the volume that this will take half the time (acording to the laws of physics) . You cant dip hands or feet in but I brush it on and it takes 5 minutes tops to apply.. plus you can screw the lid on once completed and go mobile again no worries

Peppercorn Nails said:
Hi thanks girls

Do they come with lids?

Adele

i also have a remington wax spa,big enough for dipping, i got it on special offer from salon services last year, the original price was £59.99 but i got it for £29.99....plus i bought it on a vat free day so i saved another bit of money there.
it does have a lid but not a lockable one
it came with some lovely smelling aromatherapy wax, the smell once the wax melts lingers for hours :biggrin:
i find that the wax pellets melt a little bit quicker than the blocks

stanleyann

Thanks girls for all that fab advice............I guess my next question would have to be what parafin wax do you use?

Adele

The paraffin pellets are the best idea, you use what quantity you want that way and they come in a variety of smells which are all beautiful and make the room smell gorgeous

when I said what type of parafin wax do you use I mean what 'brand' name do you use.

Oh and another thing how much do you add on for this? and how long do you leave it on for?

questions, questions, questions!!

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
when I said what type of parafin wax do you use I mean what 'brand' name do you use.

Oh and another thing how much do you add on for this? and how long do you leave it on for?

questions, questions, questions!!

Adele
Hi i get my parafin wax from ellisons its a peach one smell lovely. I add on £4.50 with a treatmetn and £8.50 if they are coming just for that. I dip then put plastic bags on (perm caps ;) ) then into booties. Leave for 10-20mins depending on the clients time. I find 15-20 mins to get the best out of the treatment. Its a lovely add on especially popular for brides.

Little Angel said:
Hi i get my parafin wax from ellisons its a peach one smell lovely. I add on £4.50 with a treatmetn and £8.50 if they are coming just for that. I dip then put plastic bags on (perm caps ;) ) then into booties. Leave for 10-20mins depending on the clients time. I find 15-20 mins to get the best out of the treatment. Its a lovely add on especially popular for brides.
Hiya

What do you do with your client whilst they have the parafin on.........do you leave them to relax......do a head/back massage? 10-20 mins is quite a long time to sit and chat with them.......especially if they are not the chatty type lol!

Adele

Hi...
Good point!!!!!!
Make them a drink with a straw....lol
Not sure really...my clients like to talk!...or is that me?...and they listen?...lol

I have a lady that wants to come for a wax treatment and her hands are sooooo sore and dry...anyone know of good products i could use for her condition (she doesn't like the solar smell!!!!) but i feel anything with too much purfume would maybe sting!
What are your thoughts on this?

What to do with them for 10-20mins?

its depends on them ususally they have a mini pedi or their hair done, eyebrows tinted ect, i know i sound like i extract every penny while i have them but well ya know a girls gotta make a living!!

hi peeps and heres for a realy daft question if you have your cleints hand all dipped ect when you put them in the heated mittens doesnt this make the wax all gooey again? or does it set instantly on cooling from the dip and stay on fine as the mittens are not warm enough to re melt it? i quiet fancy the idear of offering this treatment as im mostly working out of home these days and not so much mobile (and its great so nice not to have to go out in the miserable weather :green: )
i was also wondering about 20mins worth of conversation !! but i think you would know by that point if you where going to struggle to keep up conversation and if thats the case bail out !! :lol: !! if you are getting on well i would hang around for a natter ;)

hi

think you answered it for yourself there. The warming mittons just keep it warm not of melting temp. It is a luxury treatment for the feet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back