Parifin Waxing whilst mobile..please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
...don't literally mean while I am moving (hehe) ...

Hi all..as you know I am mobile and I am getting loads of requested for parafin waxing. I have seen a unit which is small and U place the tubs in and once done put lid back on tub. Which is great, but how long nornmally does this kind of wax take to melt down to the right consistancy/temp and do I have to wait for it to set again once finished...(maybe I've just answered that one myself)...not to sure if this is practical...

So if any of you gals have been down this avenue please advise on its practicallity...

I haven't tried the small pot system but a friend did & found they took about as long as a normal bath to melt then the brushing on of the wax was time consuming & messy, also it didnt feel as nice as a wax bath.

I decided to invest in the Qantis bath as its a good size & takes about 2 hours to melt all the wax (I keep the level at just above the minimum line all the time so its easier to move about). Once its melted at home I cover the top loosely with cling film then stick the lid on top & pop the whole unit back in the box & then bung it in the car as I'm ready to leave. I did a test run on how it stood up to this by travelling to my mum's (about 40 miles away). On arrival there was some wax on the cling film but not a lot (have to not go tearing round corners or do lots or heavy acceleration/braking LOL) & the wax had started to skim over slightly but once plugged in was back ready to use in 15 minutes.
Just need to remember to have the cling film in your bag for getting the bath back home again :)

Thanks for your input.. I really don't want a bath though...I have found small is best when doing mobile with so many services.. :D

Hello,

I have the paraffin wax heater that takes the small pots. It takes about 30-45 mins to melt a pot of wax, dependent on how much is in the pot of course :)

Sarah

Floundering Newbie said:
I decided to invest in the Qantis bath as its a good size & takes about 2 hours to melt all the wax (I keep the level at just above the minimum line all the time so its easier to move about). Once its melted at home I cover the top loosely with cling film then stick the lid on top & pop the whole unit back in the box & then bung it in the car as I'm ready to leave. I did a test run on how it stood up to this by travelling to my mum's (about 40 miles away). On arrival there was some wax on the cling film but not a lot (have to not go tearing round corners or do lots or heavy acceleration/braking LOL) & the wax had started to skim over slightly but once plugged in was back ready to use in 15 minutes.
Just need to remember to have the cling film in your bag for getting the bath back home again :)

Cling film is a great idea :biggrin: Wish I had thought of this BEFORE I went off to do a luxury mani - you guessed it I ended up with a lovely wax effect on my front seat :o You live and learn.

Shaza

HI Louise, I also do mobile and I offer a warm oil treatment as my Luxury treatment instead of the paraffin wax. Basically after exfoliating I apply Grapeseed oil and cuticle oil then wrap the hands and place in heated mitts for 5-10mins. Makes the hands lovely & soft and no-one has said they'd rather have the paraffin. It's perfect for mobile, no mess in travelling or application!
Just thought it may be an alternative for you ;-)
Regards
Allison

Thanks for the help Ali B...

I already use Bella Mani grapeseed oil & cuticle oil at leave hands in warmed towels however, the parafin service is for my ladies that have arthritus (probably spelt wrong) in their hands and this treatment I have read numours times is supposed to be very good to help give some form of relief from the pain/aching.....plus I love it and can do it to myself aswell hehe :green: If you never had one I recommend you try it its lovely....and even nicer on feet :idea:

Fab Freak said:
Thanks for the help Ali B...

If you never had one I recommend you try it its lovely....and even nicer on feet :idea:

Were doing them at college soon so I'll have the pleasure then!! Mmm Looking forward to it now! :green:
Ali ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back