Parrafin wax question.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavender-blue

Reaction score
Hi
Does anybody put essential oils into their parrafin wax. I was wondering if this was possible, and /or successful.
I have never done it, and remember my old tutor saying that she puts Lavender oil in hers.
I have never come across anyone else that does it though since.

What do you think??

xx Elaine xx :hug:

i know that you can actually buy parrafin with lavender, tea tree, peppermint etc. in it already. As to adding essential oils to it, i suppose you could, i've never done it myself i usually just massage with aromatherapy oils before i apply the wax that way they still get the benefits. I guess the one thing you would have to be careful of if you add in to your wax bath is that not every body will like the smell of certain oils.

HTH x

Hi
Does anybody put essential oils into their parrafin wax. I was wondering if this was possible, and /or successful.
I have never done it, and remember my old tutor saying that she puts Lavender oil in hers.
I have never come across anyone else that does it though since.

What do you think??

xx Elaine xx :hug:

Hi hun :green:

I think your best bet would be to buy wax that is already scented, there's loads on the market now, I think I even saw choco-coconut the other day (how yum does that sound?).

My thinking is that the wax and oil would not emulsify, but I may be wrong!

I have one that is lemon and lime.. it smells yummy:lol:

hi honey, this is what i was told by my friend who owns a chemist,
for reference to use any product an paying clients that you have made by
adding oils etc; then you should obtain certification, to explain this process if
you are unaware it basically involves having your recipe methods certified by a
qualified Toxicologist as safe to use under Eu laws, it all seems a bit heavy but some people do like to complain and if they did inform health and safety then its you who gets it :mad: there are some ace wax's out ie; lavender orange, dark choc, mint choc and so on, i hope this helps doll :) xxxxx

hi honey, this is what i was told by my friend who owns a chemist,
for reference to use any product an paying clients that you have made by
adding oils etc; then you should obtain certification, to explain this process if
you are unaware it basically involves having your recipe methods certified by a
qualified Toxicologist as safe to use under Eu laws, it all seems a bit heavy but some people do like to complain and if they did inform health and safety then its you who gets it :mad: there are some ace wax's out ie; lavender orange, dark choc, mint choc and so on, i hope this helps doll :) xxxxx

What about aromatherapists? They blend thier own essential oils do they have to get thier blends certified by toxicologists aswell? I have never heard of this rule before.

i believe that they have to have a certification for insurance, not sure on how it all wrks, x :)

What softpeach is saying is valid. You have to be a trained aromatherapist to start playing around with things like this, I am pretty sure Glynis (Peter Pan) will be able to advise us on this one....

well it's certainly worth knowing.

i use a paraffin wax that has lavender oil in, it smells fab

i was always told only a qualified aromatherapist should be using essential oils

Theres a thread somewhere (I think about manicure recipes) and Glynis explains the ins and outs of it all, but yes i think in essence its true you do need certificates before you can use your home made things on the paying public.

Hi and thanx for all your replies.

I am a fully qualified aromatherapist.

I have never used essential oils in parrafin wax. I have never heard of anyone actually putting essential oils into parrafin wax , except an old tutor of mine who I heard her say once that she adds lavender to hers.
I just wanted to know whether anyone had any experience of this.

I don't know why I'm even asking because I'm not planning on adding any oils, but the thought just crossed my mind. Curious eh!

Thanks anyway guys. :hug:

Latest posts

Back