Parrafin wax spa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrie

Reaction score
As part of the goodies i got yesterday there was a Remmington Parrafin wax spa and mits and the plastic inserts.

I have a few questions as i have never used this before

1) Do you use fresh parrafin wax for each client?

2) How long do thier hands stay in the mits?

3) At what stage of the manicure would you do all this?

4) Is it ok to do this on clients with enhancements?

5) If it is ok could i offer this as an end treatment for clients after getting enchancements?

any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Kerrie :)

Hi Kerrie,

Congratulations on your mega haul LOL.

I too have the Remington Wax Spa.

To try and answer your questions -

1) Do you use fresh parrafin wax for each client?
No. you dont need to - this would cost you a fortune if you changed it each time LOL. You will sanitise your hands and theirs before use so that should suffice. However you do not put back the hardened wax when you remove it from the clients hands.

2) How long do their hands stay in the mitts?
I normally dip 5 times then allow about 15 mins in the mitts.

3) At what stage of the manicure would you do all this?
I normally do the dipping after sanitising and application of cuticle cream/oil and a light coating of lotion or oil to the hands.

4) Is it ok to do this on clients with enhancements?
Don't see why not

5) If it is ok could i offer this as an end treatment for clients after getting enchancements?
again, I dont see why not.

The only other point I would make is go for the best quality wax you can find when the need arises to replace it. I have not tried very many but one I do like is the Pinnacle one - it comes in lots of different fragrances - dont know what you have available in Australia.

Good luck.

Hi Kerrie,

I too offer paraffin wax treatments, but I have found that some people get put off when you tell them to be careful when dipping their hand in the heater. :rolleyes: Also some find the wax really hot. :? So I use a brush. I have them put their hand over the wax heater, spread their fingers and I dip a large wax brush in it and the cover their hands and fingers. Then they turn their hands palm up for the other side.

I do the same for feet... well some have feet <b> SOOOOO BIG </b> that they wouldn't even fit in the heater anyway... :D

For the other questions, I do the same as Fiona.

Thank you so much!!!

I had a trial with it today with one of the hairdressers, dipped 5 times and put in the plastic and then in the mitts. she loved it so much, and then i gave her a massage after it with some creative solar butter, she said it made a difference to her hands straight away.

I was so busy today and with it sitting on my table 3 clients decided they would like it , one with a manicure and 1 with a full set and one after an infill, looks like its going to be a hit :)

Thank you so much Fiona and nat , i can always count on some wonderful advice from here :)

Kerrie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back