Part Time Employee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I have just taken on a part time employee whose weekly earings will be £72 per week.

I know we have some accountants on heres so I was just wonderingif anyone knew, without me having to spend hours on the phone initially, whether I have to do PAYE and NI for this amount?

Many thanks in advance!

No you don't, they can earn up to £92 a week now before being taxed.

This is what I do, as you don't want to pay their NI and everything else. Too much hassle and expense, especially if you don't know whether they are staying etc etc

Sorry to throw a quick one in here, although you don't have to pay NI for this employee,you will have to put her through some form of payroll, because at the end of the financial year, she will need a P60 - regardless of how long she works for you.

Not a difficult job, honest - just contact tax office and they will send you out some forms to complete each week for her payslip.

If you get stuck, PM me, I'd be happy to help :hug:

Sorry to throw a quick one in here, although you don't have to pay NI for this employee,you will have to put her through some form of payroll, because at the end of the financial year, she will need a P60 - regardless of how long she works for you.

Not a difficult job, honest - just contact tax office and they will send you out some forms to complete each week for her payslip.

If you get stuck, PM me, I'd be happy to help :hug:
I never thought about the P60....I'll give them a call....thanksfor your help!

cant advise you mate but......wanted to say glad your doing so well hun:hug:

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I never thought about the P60....I'll give them a call....thanksfor your help!

No worries - did accounts and payroll in a past life!!!

cant advise you mate but......wanted to say glad your doing so well hun:hug:

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks babes, it feels good to be able to be in the position to employ someone albeit part time, without havingto rely on me all the time. I have rented out my treatment room 3 days a week too (she is a fabulous therapist) so things are looking good!

Thanks babes, it feels good to be able to be in the position to employ someone albeit part time, without havingto rely on me all the time. I have rented out my treatment room 3 days a week too (she is a fabulous therapist) so things are looking good!

go girl:hug:

Gotta crack a few eggs before the right one/s come along.

Good to see you are doing well & filling those books.

Found a brill therapist myself :) full time commission basis.
Saves the pain of all the "employee paperwork" as her taxes etc will be her responsability.
Change is good & a complimentary eyeopener included.

XX J XX

Gotta crack a few eggs before the right one/s come along.

Good to see you are doing well & filling those books.

Found a brill therapist myself :) full time commission basis.
Saves the pain of all the "employee paperwork" as her taxes etc will be her responsability.
Change is good & a complimentary eyeopener included.

XX J XX
Cheers Janice...ain't seen you in a while, glad to see you back xxx

XTYX Cathie,

Just starting to get my head out of computer stuff & finding my feet with the distributorship [eyeopener]... Never too far awayx

XX J XX

Latest posts

Back