Parties? How much and how many?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, for all of you who offer kids parties can anyone tell me how much roughly to charge per head, and how many kids (minimum and maximum) you should have per party?
Im looking into doing them myself, but just offering a mini manicure and nail art and a goodie bag. I thought of adding the body / hair glitter too, but what do you think of this?
I will be working alone so i cant do a party for too many!:eek:

*bump:green:*

hi there,

i wud also like 2 know what other salons charge for childrens parties and what they offer, min-max. wud be gratefull for any replies.

ajb

This is good as I have come up with my new prices for Pamper Parties:
4-6 year olds....polish and 2 stickers....small gift £8 per child
7-11 year olds....polish and 4 stickers....small gift £10 per child
12+....polish and 6 stickers......small gift £12 per child

I also include a quick nail shape into this aswell. My prices were too cheap before so have put them up and still having lots of interest!

The max i'll do is 10 kids, otherwise i'd be there all day! I did a party for 10 12+'s the other night and it took me 2hrs 15mins to all their nails. If I have to travel more than 5 miles I charge for petrol aswell.

Ideas for gifts for the kids, Id say dont bother with a full party bag, just go for age related things, little makeup palettes from Claires are buy 5 for a £5, things like that, little treasure boxes aswell, look on ebay at the wholesale things. I also got a load of nail stickers from Japan, £10 inc p&p and I had 500 sheets of stickers. One gift I do is a Nail polish (mini from Superdrug or the like) and a sheet of stickers, the kids love them!

Also make sure youve got about 5-10 examples of simple handpainted nail art that they can chose from instead of the stickers.

I also do an offer where if there are more than 8 kids then the birthday girl goes free!

What an essay! hth's though!! xxxx

Or you could charge by the hour??

I am probably way too cheap, but I charge £28.50 for 5 kids (under 14s only) and then £3.50 per additional child. I give them all their own scratch and sniff file, show them how to file their nails properly, teach them a bit about why not to bite them, and how to apply polish, why base/top coats are important, etc.. Then I paint all their nails, and show them how to do some simple nail art, and then in pairs let them have a go, and they can have a 2 gems and 2 stickers each.

I am probably way too cheap, but I charge £28.50 for 5 kids (under 14s only) and then £3.50 per additional child. I give them all their own scratch and sniff file, show them how to file their nails properly, teach them a bit about why not to bite them, and how to apply polish, why base/top coats are important, etc.. Then I paint all their nails, and show them how to do some simple nail art, and then in pairs let them have a go, and they can have a 2 gems and 2 stickers each.
How long are you there for hun? X

It depends, I did 5 girls which took me an hour, and 9 girls once took me 1hr 45mins.

Just to add, I think that when doing these parties you need to work out all your costs otherwise it just wont pay!

I do a Just Like Mum Manicure in my salon that is really popular and I charge £10 for it, they dont have anything else other than cuticle work, shape, base coat, enamel and top coat.

When I hire out somewhere for my little boys birthday it usually costs me about £8 per child and they have a small bit of food and 2 hours play in a soft play place like Wacky Warehouse or the like, so when you think about it we are all probably charging too little!

xxxxx

I am doing another party this Thursday, I love them!!

I charge £20 for "going", this covers my fuel, travel time etc then £5 per child. I alway do the birthday girl first and give mum a complementary mini manicure.

Remember to take a camera (always ask permission!) to build up your portfolio. I have never had any parent say no as I only take pics of the hands and email them back as a reminder of the day (and another advert for you!)

give out plenty of business cards and enjoy!!:hug:

Hi everyone,

I have a party business and i charge £9 per girl, this is for 6-12yrs and I have a min of 6 girls, max 12 girl. Each girl takes about 20 mins and there is normally 2 of us. For the £9 they get nails painted, gems and/or nailtopia stickers, barry m dazzle dust on their eyes, blusher, curl their hair and spray of glitter, I also take a playstation with 2 dance mats and a karaoke game (to keep the other girls entertained).I also offer fairy wings at £4 each, Fluffy tiaras at £2.50, fairy wands at £2.50 and goodie bags at £3 each. Tiaras and goodie bags are really popular.
I dont know if u have a Primary Times magazine (its a free mag and is given out to all primary school kids) in your area, but we advertise in there (I'm West Sussex) and have got loads of business from it.
Good luck!!

x x x x

i did one for 4 girls (3 were 12, 1 was 10) they had file and polishes on hands and toes and a party bag and I charge 70 pounds - as the mum said it was a hell of alot cheaper than having a party entertainer!!

becki xxx

Latest posts

Back