Party lashes - removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch-ela

Reaction score
I am qualified in cluster / weekend lashes but did not promote them and only really offered them to a few of my college friends. I have recently been asked to do a few sets, which is fine, but I'm not sure what to advise how to remove them. Should I book them in to have them removed or do I sell them a lash remover? Are there any small bottles on sale anywhere?

What do you do? Thanks x

What are week end lashes ? If it's any form of glue used which is more hectic they your drug store kind of eyelashes glue I would say best to book them in for removal. I know I tried to remove mine and nearly blinded myself.

When using cluster or weekend lashes you should only be using like a strip lash adhesive as they are only supposed to last a couple of days if ur using an adhesive where u have to remove them its too strong and can do damage to the natural lash

I agree with the others. The glue should be strong enough to hold the lashes in place but should be able to allow the client to peel the lashes off without feeling any discomfort

I always book them in for removal whether it's strip/ cluster lash glue or glue for individual lashes clients pulling there own lashes off will cause some level of damage. I think it's good customer service and also teaches clients not to mess!

I would never advise my client to peel off their cluster lashes! [emoji15]
That's where the damage will occur.
I always offer a removal service

My clients get up to 7 days out of there lashes, I offer removal to Avoid damage to their natural lashes.

I advise them to massage the lashes with a bit of oil and they remove easily, that's if the right glue has been used. One client had hers done elsewhere and they used semi permanent lash glue which made them virtually impossible to remove!

Vic x

i agree with squidgernetball - I use Duo and advise they should not be worn beyond 3 days. A cluster is too heavy on the lashes to be worn long term. Anything oil based e.g. baby oil, oily eye makeup remover should bring them right off. No damage and no need to have them Professionally removed - what if it was a bride going on Honeymoon for 2 weeks? x

What glue does everyone use please? I am currently using salon systems black glue. I think maybe it is a bit strong.

The Salon System black glue is really strong - I use Ardell individual lash adhesive, which is removable at the end of the day/event with a bit of oily eye makeup remover. The Salon Systtem glue needs a remover which I would never sell to a client - it can damage the eyes. Actually after using it on my sister and getting a bit in her eye I would never buy or use it again, ever! The Ardell one is easy to use, effective and doesn't need a specific remover.

Is the salon system glue more for semi lashes rather than weekend then? Have a client on weds and it's been a while since I did weekend lashes so want to be sure xx

I was trained to use Salon System glue for weekend lashes - I've never done semi permanent lashes. I just personally don't like it, it's too strong and you can't easily remove the lashes yourself without the remover. They will wear off after a few days but I HATE the look and feel of having a few clusters on/a few missing, I prefer to be able to remove the whole lot in one go. If you pick them off with Salon System glue it is strong enough to pull your own lashes out. The glue is for party lashes, just personal preference for me is that I don't use it.

For weekend lashes you should only really be using a strip lash adhesive like DUO. Then they just remove them with an oil based makeup remover. You DO NOT use semi permanent glue for cluster lashes, because you're applying the clusters to a couple of lashes which would fall out naturally at different stages, it will mean that when a few lashes start to fall out they'll be pulling on the other lashes that aren't ready to fall out and will cause damage. If you've done a semi permanent course or know about the basic eyelash cycle you'll know what I'm talking about

Latest posts

Back