Party Nails???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

top.chic

Reaction score
Hi there, i am sorry to sound a bit thick but what are Party Nails??? I have done a search and read all the posts on them but am still a bit confused. And yes i am blonde!!!:lol:

I am Creative trained on acrylic L&P and have never used any other system. Is it possible to do temp or Party nails with this system??? If so how???

Also i read about full tips that you can stick on, do you just use adhesive, stick them on and away; or is there more to it??? (ie:do you then overlay with product?)

And lastly, what is the story with pre airbrushed tips??? How do you apply them and how long do they last???

I would really appreciate any help on these matters, i am self employed and not been back to work for long so am way out of touch with all these wonderful methods.:o
I only discovered this site in the last few week and i think it is the best thing ever.

Hope someone out there can help and thanks in advance for any replies.

Kind Regards

I have not done this myself so I may be slightly wrong but thought I would try & help you out anyway! I think party nails are temporary nails either tips blended with a very thin overlay just to hold them for a couple of days or the ones you can stick over the whole nail.

Hope this helps!

hi
i sometimes get asked for weekender nails ...(party nails) especially by nurses who have a few days off work .i apply the tip as normal ...pre blend etc.
then blend carefully so that the join cannot be seen .i then apply base coat and what ever finish the client requires ...polish ...nail art ..french ..then topcoat.i find these nails easily last for a weekend .i applied them to my niece once and they stayed intact for 13 days:D
airbrushed tips are very easy to use .apply as normal but no pre blending .using a very fie grit file 240 or higher carefully remove shine from tip ..i say carefully because you can if not careful remove the design ...then apply your chosen system ...easy and pretty;)
full nails are applied with your chosen adhesive ...i do not apply an overlay...not sure what others do though ...to be honest i don't get any call for these type of nails:rolleyes:
hope this helps
debbie

Thanks for your help. I feel less confused now.:lol:
But am i right in thinking then that these temp nails are really better off painted. Weather it be french, colour or nail art.

Thanks again

Yes Cassandra

These nails are better if color, be it polish, nail art or french, especially if the natural nails free edges even though short can sometimes be very noticeable after they are blended, through the tip.

top.chic said:
Thanks for your help. I feel less confused now.:lol:
But am i right in thinking then that these temp nails are really better off painted. Weather it be french, colour or nail art.

Thanks again
not really... i have had a few clients who prefer the natural look so i just put a coat of clear polish between the base and top coat...they still look good :)
debbie

Thanks again guys. All your advice is priceless. What would i do without y'all!

hi can i just ask any one when applying temporary nails such as glue ons do you have to learn the courses first,of applying aycrilic thanks?

peaches said:
hi can i just ask any one when applying temporary nails such as glue ons do you have to learn the courses first,of applying aycrilic thanks?
hi
i wouldn't think so as anyone can buy glue ons from boots ..superdrug ..claires .etc..:rolleyes:
debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back