Party/Weekend Nails-best way to do them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dol

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've got some end of year formals coming up. The age of the girls is approximately 16 years, and they all want acrylics (I+p).

I think temporary nails will be better
As I don't believe they want to have extensions long term. My question Is-
What Is the best way to do these? I've read that I should apply cuticle oil to the nail plate first, no acrylic, Just polish the tips.

Can anyone give me any advice please? I've done a search, but didnt find too many answers.
Thanks

As far as I'm aware this is the procedure.

Cuticle work, shape the natural nail to fit the stop point.
Apply & thoroughly blend tips (natural tips look best IMO)
Cleanse/Dehydrate the natural nail only (the tip adhesive works better if there is a small amount of moisture)
Polish. Personally I'd use 2x layers ridge filling base, 2x colour and then 1 or 2x top coat.
Then cuticle oil of your choice.

If they hate the idea of this and really want L&P for just one night you could apply a very small amount (thin) of L&P. Don't remove the surface shine. It should be easy enough to soak off.

Either way, book them in ASAP for removal.

Thank you so much :)

Seems strange that you would turn good business like that away just because you have decided weekend nails would be better? Better for who? Polished tips can break in a heartbeat and teenagers aren't known for being particularly careful!

Personally I'd take their money and add on a ,special deal' removal price to the sets so that removal is paid for in the total price at the outset which should ensure they come back in to have them removed properly.

Geeg, That's what I would prefer to do but these are 16 year old girls who normally go to NSS where they remove old tips by prising them off with a fresh nail tip!!!!

I want to be prepared and have an alternative suggestion in case they
Don't want safe removal.

Geeg, That's what I would prefer to do but these are 16 year old girls who normally go to NSS where they remove old tips by prising them off with a fresh nail tip!!!!

I want to be prepared and have an alternative suggestion in case they
Don't want safe removal.

I understand what you are saying but when I was 16 I 'ruled the world' and didn't need another mum, one was enough. If they have previously gone to NSS then they will either be delighted to pay for safe removal up front, or they wont give a rats behind and just want their nails done without the lecture ... :Love:

I think payment for removal up front (at a reduced cost to them) should be a great and safe alternative option for them.

I've never done these weekend nails, how long are they supposed to last for . . . . duh I know the clue is in the name lol but seriously, do these ever last longer than a few hours? And what do people charge for them? So it's basically the tips without an overlay?

I've never done these weekend nails, how long are they supposed to last for . . . . duh I know the clue is in the name lol but seriously, do these ever last longer than a few hours? And what do people charge for them? So it's basically the tips without an overlay?

I do them on myself topped off with Shellac from time to time, IF I break a nail, and with a bit of luck and not too much abuse from me a tip can last two weeks or until the next Shellacking. But I'm not a teenager after going to a prom or Formal ... !

I have had a few requests for these over the last year and use the steps written above... I charge £15 and that includes ring finger nail art.

The sets I have done lasted between 6 and 9 days, on girls 12 - 16 years old :) They weren't exactly being careful either!

I also have a blended tip on my little finger at the moment (broken boohoo) and it looks/feels no different to my Shellacked nails!

xxx

Last edited:
I do them on myself topped off with Shellac from time to time, IF I break a nail, and with a bit of luck and not too much abuse from me a tip can last two weeks or until the next Shellacking. But I'm not a teenager after going to a prom or Formal ... !

Thank you geeg

No exactly, and I would hazard a guess that the way you use/treat/care for your nails is a tad better than your average teen as well

I'm thinking it's a fast way to make yourself look rubbish by offering something which doesn't last five minutes and of course we all know who will get the blame for that don't we? Can anyone enlighten me as to the cost of a set of weekend nails?

If anyone does these regularly and finds them really good please please put me right lol

I used to include these on my price list, I called them temporary nail extensions with an explanation they were just for a night out. They were basically tips and resin so they were easy enough for the client to soak off, I'd give them a sheet with instructions and a little take away bag with acetone and nail oil. I charged £15. I don't include it on my price list now but if I get an inquiry from someone not wanting acrylics but wants there nails nice for a wedding or girls night out then I offer this option then.

Some lasted 2 weeks, some a few days, very much depends on the person. But I never guaranteed them for longer than 24 hrs. i'd probably charge £20 for it now + £7.50 if they wanted shellac or gelish on top.

I've actually never done them before, but was thinking of charging $35.
The NSS charge $45 for l +p and 'gels'

Not heard if this before so interested to find out.

So these "weekend nails" are they put on like a normal tip when you doing acrylics? Then polished? Or shellac on top?

I have these on my price list at £15. I think Geeg's suggestion of a discounted removal or removal in the price is great. I bet you no one has ever "educated" these kids about what damage they can cause to their nails by trying to remove them themselves. You could even have a photo of a damaged nail caused by inproper removal just so they have a visual. As we all know too well how many times we have heard "acrylics ruined my nails", no dear it was the fact you prized them off with pliers/teeth that ruined them.:eek:

Latest posts

Back