Pastel colours help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah7898

Reaction score
My very good friend wants me to colour her hair to a pastel, I have a pic of her hair and what she wants to me to do. I use clynol colours on her hair at the moment, but u ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394469635.558709.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394469644.578341.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394469650.931197.jpg
ynsure what to do for the pastel colour!
I've used crazy colours on clients before but the ones I've used are very strong and vibrant.
Have also used 10. And 8.99 before, but obviously is too pink rather than lavender.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Looking at the pics again, not sure her hair will go blonde enough anyway!

Yeh i think it would need lifting much lighter in highlights to get the lilac on top. There is wella mixes on here somewhere. Or u could try crazy colour lavender or any true semi mixed with conditioner xxx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It'd definitely need to be bleached to achieve what she's asking. I use 10-1 with 6-99 in Igora and find it creates a really nice lavender!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It'd definitely need to be bleached to achieve what she's asking. I use 10-1 with 6-99 in Igora and find it creates a really nice lavender!

Hi I'm new to igora, just recently used it on myself, still using wella on clients until I'm more confident. What ratio would you mix the 10-1 and 6-99, I would love to get my hair lilac thanks

Hi I'm new to igora, just recently used it on myself, still using wella on clients until I'm more confident. What ratio would you mix the 10-1 and 6-99, I would love to get my hair lilac thanks

I tend to go for 5:1. It's all dependent on how well the hair has lifted etc. Take some test cuttings and use some different ratios, see which one comes out best for you :)

Corse it will! She needs to be bleached up to a clean level 10 used blondor with wella peroxide 6% start mids and ends then roots then I would use crazy colour mixed with conditioner till you get the colour you want in the bowl the colour you see in the bowl will be the colour it will be on the hair remember it must be a very clean level 10 to achieve these lovely pastel colours good luck! And as someone has stated there is a whole thread on wella mixes on here but I'd personally go for this first as it's easy to remove if she doesn't like it! Haha x

Don't use crazy colour lavender literally washes out the next time! Like beck star said I would use a more vibrant purple and dilute with conditioner if she wants to keep topping up the colour

Ok everyone, I did my clients hair, bleached her hair to a lovely shade 10, then used lavender crazy colour. She then bought 4 bottles because she knew it would fade and was willing to top up every few washes.
This is how it was first time..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399818120.058661.jpg
Then after one wash it went a bit bluey with shades of khaki..
But then she redone it this morning as per instructions on bottle and this is how it looks

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399818184.673563.jpg

Any suggestions?
She is using osmo shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair, and hair is on quite good condition. Thanks

Crazy colour pastels are rubbish. Youre better off using a darker one like hot purple and watering it down with conditioner. Using a warm purple that way you dont get green undertones.

Ok, read through again, will give Igora a go, just wondering if there is an alternative she can use at home

She can use the crazy colours at home dont get me wrong, what you can do is mix up a customised lavendar for her and put it in the bottle! So use a warm purple semi. I personally prefer directions for making pastel but crazy colour can also work. I mixed up a lavendar colour using crazy colour capri blue and hot pink with conditioner. This way you know there wont be any strange tones as it fades.

Latest posts

Back