Pastel developer 1.9% or 4%?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slrbabes

Reaction score
Hi all,
Question about my own hair this time! I had a friend (also qualified) do some balayage on me, fast forward 2 weeks and I just don't like lighter hair on me and i want to go back dark!
I was just wondering whether I could use pastel developer to tint or whether the 4% would be better?
I usually use illumina 5/81 + 6/16 1:1 with 4% Welloxon (13 vol) but i've seen a lot of people using pastel when depositing only - but then also seen that people have recommended to only use pastel with 9 or 10 level colour - i think i've just read too much information now and got confused with it all!
My roots are fine but my mids and ends are a level 7 warm tone and i want it all my previous colour!

Thanks and i hope that makes sense!

Hi all,
Question about my own hair this time! I had a friend (also qualified) do some balayage on me, fast forward 2 weeks and I just don't like lighter hair on me and i want to go back dark!
I was just wondering whether I could use pastel developer to tint or whether the 4% would be better?
I usually use illumina 5/81 + 6/16 1:1 with 4% Welloxon (13 vol) but i've seen a lot of people using pastel when depositing only - but then also seen that people have recommended to only use pastel with 9 or 10 level colour - i think i've just read too much information now and got confused with it all!
My roots are fine but my mids and ends are a level 7 warm tone and i want it all my previous colour!

Thanks and i hope that makes sense!
It'd be better to use colour touch now to deepen your hair and with that you'd use 1.9%

Latest posts

Back