Pastel gel polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josie roe

Reaction score
My pastel gel polishes never look as good as darks/brights!... always a little thin and smeary no matter what brand I use!! What’s the secret? Do people use a white as a base? Frustrated!!!

I would do 3 coats of colour and I get a good result ( I have not tried the white base actually ) The brush I lay a little flatter to the nail to help even out coverage.
I use cuccio and always Stir thoroughly before application
HTH

I make sure it's well mixed/shaken (as above) and float the brush over the nail instead of pressing the brush onto the nail to prevent streaks/sheer spots. Xx

All of the PRIMA gel polishes use a new pigmentation chemistry so only require one colour layer. They don't contain HEMA and have been developed to be hypoallergenic.

You need to upload a photo of your NT certificate to see prices and order.

Pastel colours for manicure company are so lovely . Only 2 coats. I'll upload a pic xx

It's not allowing me x

I use Cuccio and The Gel Bottle and don’t have any issues with pastels

Take back what I say. Today I used blondie (on myself ) and I managed to peel it all off by tonight . Rage . Altho I hated yellow on my fingers anyways. Just wouldn't usually peel my nails obv. But all my stuff was in the salon to remove it . I'm a bad girl x

How would you say Cuccio and The Gel Bottle compare?

The Gel Bottle is thicker and has better coverage although Cuccio is still very good in my opinion. It’s very easy to apply and the selection is huge. Downside is the orders can take longer to arrive than any others I purchase from
Cuccio veneers always need thoroughly stirred before use.
Im gradually converting from Cuccio to The Gel Bottle

The Gel Bottle is thicker and has better coverage although Cuccio is still very good in my opinion. It’s very easy to apply and the selection is huge. Downside is the orders can take longer to arrive than any others I purchase from
Cuccio veneers always need thoroughly stirred before use.
Im gradually converting from Cuccio to The Gel Bottle
The only other brand I’m debating is Ikon.IQ

Latest posts

Back